Road treasure thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
    Twin tank gas powered compressor along with 2 trailer jacks has been my best find. Probably fell off a service truck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Woah!! That’s awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You guys poaching my stretches of road? Man I haven't found anything in a loooooong time!

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
        I never pass up unbreakable tools like hammers, axes, screwdrivers and wrenches but my real weakness is straps!!! Drives the wife crazy when I stop for good nylon tie-down straps all the time. 30-40 footers off semi's are a bonus!!
        Picked one up yesterday, almost like winning the lottery...cheap scratch off I guess.

Missed out on one of those 3 ball hitches by about a minute a couple weeks ago. Would've been my best find so far

Comment

'70 Superbird spoiler. Ran an ad in the Atlanta Advertiser(this was in about '79, ads were free) that I found a spoiler.

Guy called me an asked if it was a Superbird spoiler and I said it was. He came and picked it up and turned me on to a '70 RAIII 4spd Formula Firebird that I paid $1,000 for.

Guy said the spoiler fell out of his pickup. Dude had several Superbirds at his house.

We were buddies for a little while but in those day when you moved you changed your phone number and we lost touch.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
            You can put your free bread milk and cheese in it.

Are you hangry?? I’ve got a snickers.

I may or may not have found it on the side of the road as well.

Lighten up buddy. Life is good. Hope you have a great weekend. God bless.

Comment

My biggest road loss was a couple years ago when I was working on my lawn mower. I had a tool box full of tools and had it sitting on my pick up bed cover. Had to run to town to get some nuts & bolts.

Got home and couldn't find my tools. Realized I left them on the truck bed cover. Drove the 5 mile road to town a couple times but the grass was 3' high on the shoulders and I couldn't find my tools.

Probably $400-$500 in tools.

Comment

24 ft. extension ladder on bridge at Lake Fork. Actually waited around to see if anybody missed it. Gave them 5 minutes.

Comment

I seen a good minner bucket the other day and a couple life jackets. I was going to fast on 45 to stop and get it with my boat in tow!

Comment

I found a full box of a/c register grills before

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I've found a few nails...………...with my tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrakarl View Post

This never ever gets old!!

Comment

Me: Dang! Did you see that? Hold on, I'm gonna pull over and back up.

Wife: Do you really want to be remembered as the guy that got your entire family killed over a 5 dollar ratchet strap?

Me: Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. "I guess not".

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Me: Dang! Did you see that? Hold on, I'm gonna pull over and back up.

Wife: Do you really want to be remembered as the guy that got your entire family killed over a 5 dollar ratchet strap?

Me: Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. "I guess not".

The real question is......

What would happen if she wasn’t in the car? Or the rest of the family.....

WOULD THE STRAP BE YOURS??

Comment

Found an echo commercial gas weed trimmer. Replaced broken handle, its a beast for clearing brush and walking lanes at lease. Runs like a Deere!

Comment

Working...
                                X