Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sotx View Post
    Well target buck

came out into my set up at 20 yards broad side on Sunday morning October 4. I come to full draw inside my pop up. I lean over just a bit to miss cross brace of pop up. Settle the top pin on the boiler maker and release. I hear a slight twang sound and hear arrow hit buck. Buck turns hauls butt. I wait 45 minutes then go take a look. Find arrow. Broadleaf has hair, arrow is wet and odorless with small blood streak on fletching. No blood on ground anywhere. Immediately call Roy. While waiting for Roy I go back sit in pop up recreate shot. Discover arrow deflected off a twig. Roy shows up and we spend next three hours tracking with no luck. FML. So go home. Monday night he shows up at feeder and I see him on cell cam. Can't go back till Wednesday. Wednesday morning I am back in the pop up. No dice. Get to camp check my cell cam and he's on camera only now he is missing all his G4 points on his right and has a cut in his hide top of shoulder/back

FML till next year [emoji30].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That might be the coolest G4 I’ve ever seen.

Comment

Made it to the stand rain gage said we got an inch it was a touch on the top drive this morning but we made it

Comment

All quiet on the western front for almost a month now...

Comment

Was able to take this 12 point on Monday morning. The first morning since Saturday that was not foggy. This buck was a morning only buck. He would show up for 10 minutes then leave.

Comment

Way to go, sotx! That is an awesome deer! Glad someone in McMullen County is seeing the big boys!!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                Was able to take this 12 point on Monday morning. The first morning since Saturday that was not foggy. This buck was a morning only buck. He would show up for 10 minutes then leave.

Congratulations! I hunted all weekend and the deer were moving good but the hot days were brutal in the blind! We saw a few nice bucks but most of the smaller bucks have disappeared. I’ll be back in Tilden for the next 2 weekends to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterdan View Post
                  Congratulations! I hunted all weekend and the deer were moving good but the hot days were brutal in the blind! We saw a few nice bucks but most of the smaller bucks have disappeared. I’ll be back in Tilden for the next 2 weekends to try again.

Good luck hope you find a monster

Comment

Few bucks since season started.

He just needs to grow some dang brow tines [emoji848]

Comment

Congrats sotx! beautiful buck!

Comment

Great bucks!

Comment

Buck taken off our ranch yesterday evening!

Comment

Man that is one hell of a nice buck right there. Way to go!!!

Comment

Awesome buck

Comment

Wow! Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X