No announcement yet.

McMullen County Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw where a low fence 191" was taken in McMullen last weekend. Guess he is not a TBH'r. Y'all heard about it?

Comment

Any pics? Lots of big deer killed in McMullen not put on social media or entered in contests.

Comment

Have not heard of the 191”. Guess they didn’t enter any of the contests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He's got a pic at Muy Grande on the post, y'all think its alright to post another mans pic on here? I have one if so

Comment

Saw it this morning. Gorgeous buck!

Comment

Oh what the heck, I hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers...

He's a dandy!
              Attached Files

Comment

^^ I saw that buck on a deer contest website, thats a much better picture. Looks like that buck will book, if that right side was as strong as that left side he would probably net around 180"

Comment

That’s a beautiful deer!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                    ^^ I saw that buck on a deer contest website, thats a much better picture. Looks like that buck will book, if that right side was as strong as that left side he would probably net around 180"

The deer will book. I had him netting around 174. Killed on the same ranch I hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                      The deer will book. I had him netting around 174. Killed on the same ranch I hunt.

Ok so 174” is the net score. I was going to say he looked bigger than that to me!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                        Ok so 174” is the net score. I was going to say he looked bigger than that to me!

We scored him at 189 with 15” of deductions. One of the contests scored him at 191 so it could be a little better.

Comment

Any pics? Lots of big deer killed in McMullen not put on social media or entered in contests.
                          We have a book 10 point that is hopefully going down opening weekend of rifle season. I dont think he going on any road trips.

Comment

It’s amazing what a little cool front will do. We had been seeing virtually zero bucks other than babies at our feeders. This morning the cell cameras were going off and low and behold there were several bucks with racks at the feeders!

Comment

Well target buck

came out into my set up at 20 yards broad side on Sunday morning October 4. I come to full draw inside my pop up. I lean over just a bit to miss cross brace of pop up. Settle the top pin on the boiler maker and release. I hear a slight twang sound and hear arrow hit buck. Buck turns hauls butt. I wait 45 minutes then go take a look. Find arrow. Broadleaf has hair, arrow is wet and odorless with small blood streak on fletching. No blood on ground anywhere. Immediately call Roy. While waiting for Roy I go back sit in pop up recreate shot. Discover arrow deflected off a twig. Roy shows up and we spend next three hours tracking with no luck. FML. So go home. Monday night he shows up at feeder and I see him on cell cam. Can't go back till Wednesday. Wednesday morning I am back in the pop up. No dice. Get to camp check my cell cam and he's on camera only now he is missing all his G4 points on his right and has a cut in his hide top of shoulder/back

FML till next year [emoji30].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                                Well target buck

came out into my set up at 20 yards broad side on Sunday morning October 4. I come to full draw inside my pop up. I lean over just a bit to miss cross brace of pop up. Settle the top pin on the boiler maker and release. I hear a slight twang sound and hear arrow hit buck. Buck turns hauls butt. I wait 45 minutes then go take a look. Find arrow. Broadleaf has hair, arrow is wet and odorless with small blood streak on fletching. No blood on ground anywhere. Immediately call Roy. While waiting for Roy I go back sit in pop up recreate shot. Discover arrow deflected off a twig. Roy shows up and we spend next three hours tracking with no luck. FML. So go home. Monday night he shows up at feeder and I see him on cell cam. Can't go back till Wednesday. Wednesday morning I am back in the pop up. No dice. Get to camp check my cell cam and he's on camera only now he is missing all his G4 points on his right and has a cut in his hide top of shoulder/back

FML till next year [emoji30].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there bud! That’s rough deal on your target buck. Great deer btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X