• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
    mexican blackbird
    I see what you did there😄👍

Comment

It could be a Brewers blackbird. It just doesn't have the yellow eye. Cowbird had a dark eyeball like the one in the pic.

For arguments sake, call it a blackbird

Comment

It looks like a small bird that is black and apparently sounds like water dripping...other than that it is just a bird.

Comment

It's a Shiny Cowbird. You can hear it here.
          The velvety, deep purple male Shiny Cowbird is a handsome blackbird; the brownish female closely resembles the Brown-headed Cowbird. This native of South America is a nest parasite—it lays its eggs in the nests of other species and does not raise its own young. In the 20th century, Shiny Cowbirds expanded their range into the Caribbean and reached southern Florida in the mid-1980s. The range expansion of the Shiny Cowbird has raised conservation concerns with some endangered bird species in the Caribbean.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            Hate those Parking Lot Grackles. I was attacked by a Parking Lot Grackle once. I was walking in a parking lot, near a tree, when, SUDDENLY!, I felt what I was sure was some 250 lb serial rapist-slash-sex-trafficker grab me by the back of the head. Nearly threw me to the ground...I’m serious!

Made a point to buy something in the store I could use as a weapon to get safely back to my car. Now I own a 24” stainless steel mezaluna pasta strainer which cost me fifty bucks. I don’t eat pasta.
            did you get the grackel with it though? if so resell on Ebay for $60 as a bonefied grackel swatter!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              It's a Shiny Cowbird. You can hear it here.
              https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/...wbird/overview

I was in South Texas so I’m not sure they are down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear them all the time in Kingsland and Eden

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  Anybody know what these are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  The Grackle experts will probably tell you they are wingless Grackles

Comment

Your description of the call sounds like a Brown-headed Cowbird. Only the adult males are black with brown heads. I can't specifically see the brown head on your picture, but it isn't always readily apparent, depending on the lighting. In profile, black birds have a change in angle where the beak meets the head whereas with cowbirds there's not much change in angle at all. Their profile looks as if the head just turns into beak, if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X