Home Exterior Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tsnow View Post
    One story home, brick on three sides hardy on one side. There is some minor prep work involved. Got a quote last night, but was thinking maybe just do it myself.
    Good setup. Im about to have a rental house of the same configuration painted. I use PPG Manor Hall Latex Eggshell. We use DAP Ultra 230 or PPG Top Gun 200...use only siliconized paintable caulk...DO NOT use latex acrylic caulk because it shrinks and hardens as it cures.

Sherwin Williams Duration is high dollar stuff that works well but Im a PPG man so thats why we go Manor Hall.

Definitely power spray to clean dirt off prior to painting. Homebuilders use cheap paint that dusts off after 10-15 years and if its not cleaned decently...the new paint wont adhere properly.

Drop the coin on some good paint...you can get all your house painted with way less than 5 gal.

Random...Something I find interesting is that in Tropical environments...they primarily paint with flat latex on exteriors. Im not sure exactly why...but Flat breathes better than eggshell and satin and touches up better.

Good luck.

Comment

If you buy the airless get a 2-3 foot extension for the spray gun.

Comment

Working...
      X