No announcement yet.

Brisket - PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing I got a few in the freezer already. Also got one of those fed out ready to slaughter hogs on the way this weekend. 300lbs ish... for $160. That including some fuel money.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      This has to be 100% false.

If the plants are only running at 50% and that provides enough meat for everyone..Then why where they running double that before?

If plants are really running at 50% the meat will run out..period. I think this may be over hyped BS again. But I have no idea how many plants are running... am not a butcher..or a commodity trader
      Do you have any idea how much food grocery stores dispose of?

Comment

Brisket - PSA

Panic Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lol. I went to My HEB this morning to get some stuff to make s’mores tonight and meat department looked good. Anything you wanted you could get. We butcher our own every year not to save money , it just taste better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
            Do you have any idea how much food grocery stores dispose of?
            Nope. But I bet they're not throwing out half of the meat.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Panic Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Just stop already.. We are hunters and most don't need to buy meat at the store.

It will become a panic thread when we run out of beer.

Comment

We are stocked up pretty good. Got a stand up freezer when we finished the house last year and my wife buys groceries like I'm still out on a rig earning a day rate.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

does nobody know how to process their own food anymore?

Comment

Due to the shortage of meat, All hunting seasons wil open May 7, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by DEG View Post
                    Due to the shortage of meat, All hunting seasons wil open May 7, 2020
                    That's my b-day and I bought a Brisket today at Wallyworld in memory of my younger days.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Just stop already.. .

I will if you will![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        If all else fails we can smoke baloney!

Love me some smoked baloney! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just looked on Lowes website for Livingston, Tx (no I didn't go in or call) but is shows they have three different upright freezers in the store for pick up today. I'm just passing this along as that it may help someone or they may not have them now. I just looked 2 min. ago. Just trying to help those who want a freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                            Careful, my buddy bragged like that and his freezer went out and stores were empty of them !
                            I actually scored big yesterday, my FIL has rent houses one couple moved out and left an upright freeze and told him he could keep it and he gave it to me

Comment

Doe axis hunts will go up to four grand now.

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
                                I just looked on Lowes website for Livingston, Tx (no I didn't go in or call) but is shows they have three different upright freezers in the store for pick up today. I'm just passing this along as that it may help someone or they may not have them now. I just looked 2 min. ago. Just trying to help those who want a freezer.
                                Not saying its the same in this case, but the Tomball Lowes showed the same last week and when I got there they were nowhere to be found. I asked the guy in the booth and he said it will be months before there are any available. I told him the website showed in stock at that store. He said sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X