Questions about Section 8 Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    I'm sorry but living previously in a neighborhood that allowed for some section 8 housing ...and watching the neighborhood go to crap has forever instilled a bad taste in my mind. The people that came into those houses matched and performed just like every stereotype I have ever been told. It was some goverment project to inject low income citizens into normal income areas in a FAILED attempt to make them acclimate better in society. While it happened during the previous administration....the actual plan may have been created under bush. I'm not sure
    Sorry...I understand this was offtopic. Good luck on your venture. Stepping off my soapbox.
    Sounds like you had ****ty neighbors in your old neighborhood that didn't know how to properly screen tenants for their rentals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a program specifically for seniors. Not sure of the specifics but I know my wife's grandmother was on it and lived in a nice assistant living facity in the Woodlands about 15 years ago.

Wife says it goes on their SS income and they cannot have a lot of assets. She also said waiting list was 2-3 years long.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X