Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
    Curious for you guys buying & selling stock if you take care of your own taxes with the capital gains taxes involved?
    I do. It is not hard as long as you use a program designed with stocks and investment inclusion. I use HR Brock program.
    Depending on your investment platform, you can import the information straight from them.

Comment

Curious for you guys buying & selling stock if you take care of your own taxes with the capital gains taxes involved?

IMO - filing the taxes is easy. You get your 1099s (Div,INT, B, etc) or other tax forms and input the data. Like Sling said if you have a big broker (Fidelity, Schwab, TDAmeritrade, etc) you can typically upload the 1099s as PDFs. I just it with TurboTax last week, super easy. That being said, we are both W-2 employees that use standard deduction.

The difficult part is figuring out which shares to sell to minimize your taxes. TDAmeritrade (who I use) has a tax planning software to help you gauge your obligation, wash sales, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post
        Anyone here own ASO? I didn’t realize Academy was public until a year and a half ago or so.
        I got in on first day it went public. Wish I would have put all of it on it.

Comment

Working...
        X