No announcement yet.

Anyone shoot slingshots(catapults)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you should ask..... Probably not what you were thinking of when you asked. Lol. But we built this little gem this weekend for a community contest. It had to be made out of popsicle sticks (mainly) and had to launch a golf ball. This bad boy sent our golf balls over 100 yards! Longest (including the roll) was 151 yards! We won the contest! Lol. Verification by range finder(it is in the pics, lol) We had a blast!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
      Funny you should ask..... Probably not what you were thinking of when you asked. Lol. But we built this little gem this weekend for a community contest. It had to be made out of popsicle sticks (mainly) and had to launch a golf ball. This bad boy sent our golf balls over 100 yards! Longest (including the roll) was 151 yards! We won the contest! Lol. Verification by range finder(it is in the pics, lol) We had a blast!
      Oh man! This post will potentially get me and my boys in trouble with our neighbors!

Comment

I remember a lot of the old timers talking about using the red rubber bands. It's crazy the band material you can get today. Theraband Gold is used a lot but I've found it to be inferior to a lot of the asian material made for building slingshot bands. I get a lot of my materials through a gentleman named Wayne Martin. He has a small company called Cattyshack. You can check out some of his videos on facebook or on his site. He's the real deal when it comes to shooting.

Dave

I too use them to deter the cattle lol.

Comment

China berries made good ammo too

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
            They left a mark for a while too...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post

Yessir while green, and a lot cheaper than marbles!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                They left a mark for a while too...
                Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Yessir while green, and a lot cheaper than marbles!

The good old days

Comment

I too shoot cows during deer season. Got to admit, kinda fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a few . I’m needing to replace the bands them. Was getting pretty good with them . Shooting clay balls for ammo

Comment

Keep one in my fanny pack for stray cows/donkeys on the lease. For ammo, I go to Tractor Supply and their bulk hardware bins and buy 5/16" nuts---cheaper than the round stuff or marbles, and they smack 'em good. On one lease, I had the cows trained---didn't have to shoot them, just give 'em a dry fire and off they went, tails in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                        That's not what we called them as kids.
                        Us either

Comment

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
                          Us either

Lol I was telling my wife that, my grandpa still calls them that. Don’t know how many he made me as a kid.

Here’s one I roughed out this afternoon out of some pine 1x6. Will play with the design a little and the final products will be out of black walnut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                            That's not what we called them as kids.
                            Oh, you called 'em "flippers" too then?

Comment

I'm digging the red one, for sure!

Comment

I made one out of a fork too, best slingshot I ever had. I got some Theraband-ish stuff from Walmart that works pretty well. Another cool YT channel is Gamekeeper Catapults, guy is from England and some of his videos really make you want to go out and fling some rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X