Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
    our name for em ended in ...shooter
    Same here, I have never heard the term flipper until this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      I've shot them all my life and still carry one in every vehicle I own. I make my own but you can order real good ones from Pocket Predator in Waco. The guy is a retired Navy Seal and is a phenomenal shot. I make mine out of 3" pipe, either aluminum or plastic. The curve just settles in my hand better. The rubber strips I use are made in Spain, just for slingshots. It's rather expensive but shoots heavier ammo better and lasts longer than any other rubber I've tried.
      Now that's cool. Never thought of using pipe like that.

Dave

Comment

Draco that is just plain cool! What an awesome design too!! I notice your pouch is quite narrow/small and rough leather. Any particular reason for that? My dad always made a pretty big pouch...

Edit to add: and I like that ammo speed loader!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
          Same here, I have never heard the term flipper until this thread.
          Me either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            They left a mark for a while too...
            Yep and if you got that "milk" in your eye it burned like a motha!

Comment

I don't want the pouch to grab any more air than it has to, for more speed. I use thicker leather just so they last longer. I use pretty stout bands and the thinner pouches don't last long. I shoot half inch steel or 3/8" lead.

I shoot a lighter model with marbles just for herding cows. It is truly amazing what you can make a cow do with a little pain. I have two old rancher buddies that use them as well for working cows.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                I don't want the pouch to grab any more air than it has to, for more speed. I use thicker leather just so they last longer. I use pretty stout bands and the thinner pouches don't last long. I shoot half inch steel or 3/8" lead.

I shoot a lighter model with marbles just for herding cows. It is truly amazing what you can make a cow do with a little pain. I have two old rancher buddies that use them as well for working cows.
                Would like to get together some day and shoot a little. Maybe I could learn a thing or two. I believe we've met before at a trad shoot or two. I enjoy shooting slingshots and probably the natural forked ones are my favorite. I normally shoot 10mm and 11mm steel or 10mm lead. I'm still working on my form. Once in a while I'll do something wrong and get a fork hit. Hate that.

Dave

Comment

A fork hit is bad, but having a rubber snap at full draw on the stock end is dang right painful!

Comment

just do not stick your thumb up in the "Y" as a support. if you do it will only happen once..

God I still remember the pain of it

Comment

A sling shot is what David killed Goliath with not one of those wrist rockets.

Comment

Ok I need one of these. Never had a real one. Also making me laugh what old timers called things. Grandpa never offered me a Brazil nut in his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                          A sling shot is what David killed Goliath with not one of those wrist rockets.
                          David killed Goliath with a sling, not a sling shot. Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kdkane1971 View Post
                            I shoot mine at cows during whitetail season
                            me too !!!!..... marbles.

Comment

I bought a Scout LT, trace it out cut it smaller for my son..its been fun backyard shooting 3 weeks and my accuracy is getting better -I got some birch plywood and some free templates... kinda addicting. The clay ammo is cool for no ricochet.

Comment

This is a great thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X