No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didn't get a ton of rain but any helps at this point, the forecast shows it to be 106 some days during next week. When my protein feeder ran out last week all my bucks left and went over to my buddy's feeder, they certainly aren't stupid and know where the food is when they need it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
      Up to 1.15” now if that helps!! So very thankful! I think hoghunter beat us though! Any rain in July is a blessing.
      Mom was finally out to check gauges this morning, front part of ranch had 1.2” and back had 2.4”!! Definitely did not expect that. Extremely blessed! We’ve been on the drier side of most of these rains the last few years, it’s nice to finally be on the wet side!
      That being said, I haven’t been very impressed with antler growth so far. It looks like most of the bucks took a small step back from last year. It’s still early though, and I haven’t been able to have as wide of coverage with my cameras due to where we have the cows. Next camera pull I should have a better idea of how the bucks are looking.

Comment

We need some rain but the deer are still looking good

Comment

I heard Llano was 113F yesterday. I haven't been out to the lease in a couple weeks but saw Axis when we were there. Should be a good season this year. Can't wait!

Comment

Just got back from the ranch. 111,108 & 106 for highs over 3 days. Dry & getting dryer. Put out 18 bags of medicated protein weekend before last. It was all gone except for a little in the tubes of 1 feeder. Put out 25 bags of protein & 20 bags of corn. While sitting in stands, does were hammering the protein & not messing with corn much. Filled up all my watering stations. Deer are looking good still. Got some really nice bucks coming along. Lots of babies seen. Got this ole boar yesterday evening. He fell about a foot from the old shed.

Comment

I'm going to attempt to rig this up on my ranger and fill the tank with ice water so I can pretend I'm in my own little tropical rainforest paradise while filling feeders in the 110 degree heat next week lol

Comment

Was at the ranch the last couple of days. Dry dry & looks like the little system will miss us. Have some really good looking bucks coming along. Went over for a day & helped buckerup on his places in Coleman county & saw my 1st horny toad in 40+ yrs. That was a day maker for me. Did see the comet. With no moon & clear skies the stars & milky way were shining brilliantly. Probably go back up next week for a couple of days & check feeders & waterers.

Comment

Went to Ranch last Friday and filled all feeders. Timed it just right as I had less than 50lb in each feeder. Only issue was protein was empty, but looking at the tracks couldn’t have been for long. So back in business. Very dry, but our spring is still flowing nice into the pools, so plenty of water for the wildlife. Saw a lot of deer, and lots of fawns. Just set up cameras so will be back in a week or two to check them and add another protein feeder hopefully.

Comment

Accidentally posted these in the wrong thread earlier. We got a little rain this week but sure could use more. It’s DRY out there. Got one good 4 year old coming in and a handful of very mature 8’s that’ll make for some fine management bucks. Should be a good year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We haven’t found any sheds off of the big guys but my FIL found a couple of decent ones off some promising young bucks.

Comment

Still have our Dryden (Terrell County) Lease, but my son and I just scored on a Blanco County spot for just the two of us. Low hunting pressure in the area from what landowner said. We put out our feeders last weekend and now watching them come in.

Place we can get away to and less than 30 minutes from our new home in Wimberley.

Comment

Awesome bucks Lane!! It looks like y’all are going to have a great season!!
                          Nothing better than finding a place to hunt close to home TXBrass!! Congrats!

Comment

Well that was fast!

Comment

Me & momma went to the ranch for a few days to get her away from this hell hole Houston. Dry ,dry. Deer hard hammering the feed & waterers. They are looking good though. Here are a few pics from some of the bucks.

Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-02-2020, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
                                Everything is green in harper, Deer are hammering the protein, corn and my bird feeder..
                                Yep, I have one small protein feeder (55 gal barrel - TxHunterProducts) I fill it every Friday for the past two months and its empty every time! Couple of corn feeders and nothing lasts underneath them. Got a sow, ~ 85 pounds this weekend and lots of fat on her.

Comment

Working...
                                X