No announcement yet.

Dawn dishwashing soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s the same as crescent wrench and adjustable wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
      Couldn’t have said it better myself!
      Ha! Oh wait...apologies...what she said!?

Comment

Dawn dishwashing soap

There’s a few things in my house that have to be name brand:

Dawn
        Ziplock
        Charmin
        Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil
        Hefty can liners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Black Ice; 04-25-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I grew up poor and we only used Palmolive.

I’m I still hate the smell of that stuff.

When I moved to the other side of the tracks, we were finally able to afford to use paper plates, so now we don’t have to wash dishes.

Comment

The boredom is setting in...

Comment

I have wandered if I already have the dementia!

I think there is a very real chance that you are in fact demented.

Comment

I heard if a person were to cover themselves in Dawn it will make them appear 20 years younger and it will automatically dissolve 20 pounds. Photo evidence of process and before after photos required Sir

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Dawn
                  Ziplock
                  Charmin
                  Hefty can liners
                  Good list. I would add Tabasco, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire, Kraft mac-n-cheese, Kellogg's brand cereals, Band-Aids, Tylenol and Blue Bell.

Comment

Spiracles,...he meant spiracles!

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      #1 it's cheap
                      #2 you can get it at Dollar Store
                      #3 it makes a really good quench for hardening blades when mixed with water and enough salt to float a potato.
                      #4 it smells good
                      #5 it has a pretty color
                      #6 it make a really good dog shampoo
                      #7 it's cheap

You left out:

8: Makes a really good shampoo/conditioner/body wash
                      9: works as good as most hand cleaners for getting grease off your hands

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Dawn
                        Ziplock
                        Charmin
                        Hefty can liners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Ritz crackers too

Comment

So here's the scoop on Dawn (blue Dawn only):

Dawn is made by Proctor & Gamble, who keeps their recipe very secret. While their marketing spokesperson says that part of it's power is due to the high concentration of its surfactants, it was also designed to be gentle on hands (through pH modifiers). Because it is gentle on hands, it is also safe for use on animals.

While the recipe is a highly confidential trade secret, the ingredients, of course, are listed on the bottle (although I learned that, unlike food, the ingredients in non-food items do not have to be listed in order of their percentage in the product). Numerous and various surfactants are listed but there is one item several chemists say is absent from the other dishwashing liquids agains which they compared Dawn...petroleum. Ironic, isn't it? Apparently, petroleum in whatever form it's in helps to separate grease from whatever it's adhered to.

So, there you have it: surfactants, high concentration, pH modifiers, and petroleum is the answer to the original question.

Outside of that, the numerous testimonials give credence to the old adage, "the plural of antidote is data."
                          Finally! That’s an answer I can live with. Thank you!

Comment

If injected, Dawn could possibly kill the Corona Virus.

Comment

So here's the scoop on Dawn (blue Dawn only):

Dawn is made by Proctor & Gamble, who keeps their recipe very secret. While their marketing spokesperson says that part of it's power is due to the high concentration of its surfactants, it was also designed to be gentle on hands (through pH modifiers). Because it is gentle on hands, it is also safe for use on animals.

While the recipe is a highly confidential trade secret, the ingredients, of course, are listed on the bottle (although I learned that, unlike food, the ingredients in non-food items do not have to be listed in order of their percentage in the product). Numerous and various surfactants are listed but there is one item several chemists say is absent from the other dishwashing liquids agains which they compared Dawn...petroleum. Ironic, isn't it? Apparently, petroleum in whatever form it's in helps to separate grease from whatever it's adhered to.

So, there you have it: surfactants, high concentration, pH modifiers, and petroleum is the answer to the original question.

Outside of that, the numerous testimonials give credence to the old adage, "the plural of antidote is data."
                              Ok, this settles it, your definitely not texastornado

Comment

DAWN here!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X