Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
    This smells like an okrattler thread
    Possibly but I have wondered/wandered for a long time why people say to put a drop of Dawn dish soap in weed killer or whatever, and have just wandered/wondered why it has to be Dawn. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Possibly but I have wondered/wandered for a long time why people say to put a drop of Dawn dish soap in weed killer or whatever, and have just wandered/wondered why it has to be Dawn. That is all.
      Because that's just the way it is old man. Shouldn't you be wandering (wondering?) around somewhere?

Comment

Wandering is a sign of dementia.

Comment

Lol
          When we a adopted our pup from the Montgomery county shelter, they let you wash the dogs there and all they had was Dawn. They said something about it does wonders on fleas and is very gentle on their skin and coats.

Comment

But is it worth the extra $1.34???

So, Dawn will kill African bees? Good to know. So Ajax or Palmolive does not work on them?
            Okay. Now, THAT'S the kind of info we can take to the bank! Not just "use Dawn because its better!"

Thanks. So it doesn't need to be Dawn for killing bees, and I can save the $1.34?
            If you need a $1.34 just let me know!

Comment

Burnadell I figured you for a Palmolive man as soft as your hands are......

Comment

Burn, with your investigating skills you should already have Dawns formula.[emoji1]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Palmolive is for 1960's housewives, HEB dish soap sucks, Dawn is the WD40 of dish soaps. Kills fleas, ticks, cures grease under your finger nails, cuts oil spills, and isn't too shabby on dishes.

Comment

For weed killers, green palmalave works better....

Comment

Or for a flea and tick shampoo.
                      Let dawn sit on a dog for about 10 minutes fleas and thicks will actually pop....

Comment

Okay, I'll give this a go.

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                        Because that's just the way it is old man. Shouldn't you be wandering (wondering?) around somewhere?
                        I wondered up to the liquor store earlier and loaded up; actually (also) bought a bottle of single malt since I haven't drank/drunk Scotch in awhile. Got mama margarita ingredients to keep her happy/loose!

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                        Wandering is a sign of dementia.
                        I have wandered if I already have the dementia!

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                        Lol
                        When we a adopted our pup from the Montgomery county shelter, they let you wash the dogs there and all they had was Dawn. They said something about it does wonders on fleas and is very gentle on their skin and coats.
                        Now, that is a legit endorsement for Dawn!

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                        If you need a $1.34 just let me know!
                        Want me to PM you my PayPal? You can send it as a "friend".

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Burnadell I figured you for a Palmolive man as soft as your hands are......

Man, I miss Madge in those commercials! She was a hottie!

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                        Burn, with your investigating skills you should already have Dawns formula.[emoji1]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
                        Working on it.

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                        Palmolive is for 1960's housewives, HEB dish soap sucks, Dawn is the WD40 of dish soaps. Kills fleas, ticks, cures grease under your finger nails, cuts oil spills, and isn't too shabby on dishes.
                        Does it also kill toenail fungus, or do I need another brand?

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                        Or for a flea and tick shampoo.
                        Let dawn sit on a dog for about 10 minutes fleas and thicks will actually pop....

How in the cornbread hail do I keep my one year old puppy still for 10 minutes???

Comment

So here's the scoop on Dawn (blue Dawn only):

Dawn is made by Proctor & Gamble, who keeps their recipe very secret. While their marketing spokesperson says that part of it's power is due to the high concentration of its surfactants, it was also designed to be gentle on hands (through pH modifiers). Because it is gentle on hands, it is also safe for use on animals.

While the recipe is a highly confidential trade secret, the ingredients, of course, are listed on the bottle (although I learned that, unlike food, the ingredients in non-food items do not have to be listed in order of their percentage in the product). Numerous and various surfactants are listed but there is one item several chemists say is absent from the other dishwashing liquids agains which they compared Dawn...petroleum. Ironic, isn't it? Apparently, petroleum in whatever form it's in helps to separate grease from whatever it's adhered to.

So, there you have it: surfactants, high concentration, pH modifiers, and petroleum is the answer to the original question.

Outside of that, the numerous testimonials give credence to the old adage, "the plural of antidote is data."

Comment

^^^^^What he said....I think. Summed up more easily tho-you might spend less on the others but you get less....because your buying more water and less soap.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                              ^^^^^What he said....I think. Summed up more easily tho-you might spend less on the others but you get less....because your buying more water and less soap.
                              Couldn’t have said it better myself!

Comment

Dawn is all we use for dishes, but when it comes to washing greasy, dirty, black boiler pipe water hands.........IVORY is the only way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X