Dawn dishwashing soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not just any Dawn, it has to be blue through my experiences
    The blue has different stronger ingredients. It's a good hand cleaner for grease monkeys and like said it dissipates small oil spill sheens like magic

Comment

I used some cold water TIDE laundry detergent the other day because it was
      1. Liquid
      2. We had some leftover

Seems to have worked don’t know if I used enough GLY ? 2.5 oz to a gallon as stuff is dying slow
      Need to go drink a coke ( rc cola , Pepsi, H-E-B cola )” my family uses coke interchangeably with any brown soda except Dr Pepper
      So I guess DAWN is just liquid soap

Comment

I have used a bunch of different brands of soap to kill ants and nothing works like Dawn, can't tell you why, but it is different.
        I also use it to wash my filthy mitts everyday and it works better than the others for cleaning hands.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          #1 it's cheap
          #2 you can get it at Dollar Store
          #3 it makes a really good quench for hardening blades when mixed with water and enough salt to float a potato.
          #4 it smells good
          #5 it has a pretty color
          #6 it make a really good dog shampoo
          #7 it's cheap

You didn't read my whole question did you? See below:

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I frequently see that people recommend Dawn for a surfactant, tick/flea killer, or whatever else. My question is...why DAWN? Why not any kind od dishwashing soap? Does Dawn have some super extra ingredient that makes it so special, or does everybody simply repeat Dawn because they have seen it recommended before. Has Dawn become generic for dishwashing soap like Coke is generic for soft drink?

Does anybody really know the answer or just making an assumption?

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          Washed 2 dogs today. The fleas died.............
          Washed with what? Dish soap or Dawn?

For those of you who gave it some thought and posted an answer...THANKS!

Comment

I use dollar general cheap soap

Comment

Dawn is a better soap than 95% of the others

You can tell by its consistency

Comment

Others will work, just depends on how heavy duty a job you need done. Tried Palmolive in a pinch once for degreasing some skins, trust me if your doing a job and you for sure need it to work, go with the Dawn blue!

Comment

Dawn all day Burnadell! Get you a cup of coffee and muffin and just relax buddy. Don't over think this. Dawn is just better

Comment

I frequently see that people recommend Dawn for a surfactant, tick/flea killer, or whatever else. My question is...why DAWN? Why not any kind od dishwashing soap? Does Dawn have some super extra ingredient that makes it so special, or does everybody simply repeat Dawn because they have seen it recomended before. Has Dawn become generic for dishwashing soap like Coke is generic for soft drink?

Dawn dishwashing soap?

Does anybody really know the answer or just making an assumption?
                    No sir, its pretty good mixed with water to make foam used to fight petrochemical fires, oxygen barrier puts the fires out. Also a good African bee killer. Dawn is just the best over the counter concentrate.

Comment

We have a grease trap in our church kitchen and the plumber and manufacturer recommend only blue Dawn for our dishes as it does a quicker, more thorough job of taking care of grease -- emulsifying). The folks in the kitchen bought another brand and I have had nothing but difficulties with the grease trap since they started using it. I have put it off limits now and back to blue Dawn.
                      Last edited by dustoffer; 04-25-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post

But is it worth the extra $1.34???

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        No sir, its pretty good mixed with water to make foam used to fight petrochemical fires, oxygen barrier puts the fires out. Also a good African bee killer. Dawn is just the best over the counter concentrate.

So, Dawn will kill African bees? Good to know. So Ajax or Palmolive does not work on them?

Comment

But is it worth the extra $1.34???

So, Dawn will kill African bees? Good to know. So Ajax or Palmolive does not work on them?
                          Any kind of soapy water will kill any kind of insect that absorbs oxygen through their skin.

EDIT: The soapy water won't kill your plants like the wasp & bee killer sprays do.
                          Last edited by AlaskaFlyerFan; 04-25-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            We have a grease trap in our church kitchen and the plumber and manufacturer recommend only blue Dawn for our dishes as it does a quicker, more thorough job of taking care of grease -- emulsifying). The folks in the kitchen bought another brand and I have had nothing but difficulties with the grease trap since they started using it. I have put it off limits now and back to blue Dawn.
                            Okay. Now, THAT'S the kind of info we can take to the bank! Not just "use Dawn because its better!"

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                            Any kind of soapy water will kill any kind of insect that absorbs oxygen through their skin.

EDIT: The soapy water won't kill your plants like the wasp & bee killer sprays do.

Thanks. So it doesn't need to be Dawn for killing bees, and I can save the $1.34?

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post

For washing dishes? Does the consistency make it a better surfactant or a better flea/tick killer?

Comment

This smells like an okrattler thread

Comment

Working...
                                X