No announcement yet.

“Waco” on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many idiots in one place. There were hundreds of chances to end the deal and both sides chose not to...innocent kids stuck in the middle.

Comment

We watched it as well, and I remember the horror of watching it unfold live on TV as a kid. Assuming everything in the show was based on facts derived from the 2 BD survivors and the FBI Negotiator...3 different parties were at fault.

First of all, David Koresh was breaking the law in marrying multiple women and committing statutory rape with the underage girls, so the law had the right to go after him for that, but I would think the county sheriff could have handled that. I'm not really sure what the ATF was thinking going after them on the illegal arms thing, but they certainly were at fault for creating the initial hostilities and deaths. Then the FBI had given David a deal to let him finish his manuscript, which they should have upheld within reason. Finally, David himself was at fault - once he knew the FBI was coming in full force with the tear gas and tanks he should forced everyone out (if nothing else to protect the women and children) and taken his day in court. Let the public see the facts and decide who is right. No reason he should have dragged everyone else in that house to martyrdom with him.

3 wrongs definitely don't make a right....

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
        We watched it as well, and I remember the horror of watching it unfold live on TV as a kid. Assuming everything in the show was based on facts derived from the 2 BD survivors and the FBI Negotiator...3 different parties were at fault.

First of all, David Koresh was breaking the law in marrying multiple women and committing statutory rape with the underage girls, so the law had the right to go after him for that, but I would think the county sheriff could have handled that. I'm not really sure what the ATF was thinking going after them on the illegal arms thing, but they certainly were at fault for creating the initial hostilities and deaths. Then the FBI had given David a deal to let him finish his manuscript, which they should have upheld within reason. Finally, David himself was at fault - once he knew the FBI was coming in full force with the tear gas and tanks he should forced everyone out (if nothing else to protect the women and children) and taken his day in court. Let the public see the facts and decide who is right. No reason he should have dragged everyone else in that house to martyrdom with him.

3 wrongs definitely don't make a right....
        Well put.

Those kids parents could have saved them, and they chose not to.
        Koresh could have saved them, and he chose not to.
        The "Gov't" could have saved them, and they chose not to.

As far as I'm concerned, Koresh, and the other adults in that compound could all go straight to hell before, during, or after along with Clinton and Reno....but someone, at some point, should have saved the kids.

Comment

I remember the real event unfolding on tv also. I did watch the Netflix and it was very good. Side note- the book was written by, and film based on the book by the lead negotiator for the FBI.

Comment

Watched it yesterday. Crazy to say the least. I was only 8 when it happened and don’t really remember it very well other than something on the news.

Comment

It was a really good show I would recommend it.

Comment

Just watched it. Really good.

Comment

Finally watched this. Lived in Waco at the time and was 10/11.

Terrible deal

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                    This happened under Clinton's watch along with Janet Reno. They send in the ATF initially and I believe they went about it in the wrong way. The reason we don't really know the truth is because__________. I will let you fill in the blank. If they really wanted to arrest them without a gun fight there were multiple oppurtunities for them t do so.
                    Was Koresh a nut? I believe he was.
                    Did they have to kill all of those children inside? HELL NO
                    I would agree with you. That is tragic.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Working...
                      X