No announcement yet.

Van Zandt, Henderson, Rains county 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I may have to change my plans. I spent a lot of time figuring out the home range of the big buck. I was 99% sure I had all of the basics worked out. He is real hard to get on camera until the rut but got my first picture of him the other night. He has managed to screw up his rack. If I don't kill him there is a good chance that he lives until next year. I am thinking I should leave him alone and hope he returns to form next year. First picture is last year. Second picture is this year. Not what I was hoping for.

-john

Comment

I am covered up in hogs a I have been killing and trapping themon the regular. They just keep showing up an pushing out the deer. I need to find someone in the Alba area that will take them after I get them trapped.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
        I am covered up in hogs a I have been killing and trapping themon the regular. They just keep showing up an pushing out the deer. I need to find someone in the Alba area that will take them after I get them trapped.

My pen is full right now but come January if you want to catch some with dogs just let me know. Most of the time they get trap smart and dogs and/or thermal night hunting are the only ways to get them out of there.

-john

Comment

Yall got some nice deer. Don't run a camera. Guess i probably should. Just hand corn for bow season, then break out the rifle for the kids.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw more deer last year than ever before.....none were legal.....and only saw 3-4 does....and they were running at a high rate of speed being chased, lol

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
              Saw more deer last year than ever before.....none were legal.....and only saw 3-4 does....and they were running at a high rate of speed being chased, lol

I hear ya. Here at the house I have seen the best bucks but only have 2 pictures of does all year long. Over at the farm I have 4 to 6 does + yearlings show up every time the feeder goes off. I do not have any great bucks over there all though I do have a couple of mature 8 that show up most days. they just will not score much though. Strange how seldom I see does here at the house.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post

I hear ya. Here at the house I have seen the best bucks but only have 2 pictures of does all year long. Over at the farm I have 4 to 6 does + yearlings show up every time the feeder goes off. I do not have any great bucks over there all though I do have a couple of mature 8 that show up most days. they just will not score much though. Strange how seldom I see does here at the house.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                  My pen is full right now but come January if you want to catch some with dogs just let me know. Most of the time they get trap smart and dogs and/or thermal night hunting are the only ways to get them out of there.

-john
                  I didn't know you had dogs john. I would love to have yall come and chase the pigs. I have free run on several hundred acres behind me if the hogs are getting killed.

Comment

Also guys, as my beaver thread got the swack before I could post a picture of this monster, here ya go. She has been ****ing up my creek and chewing on several trees on my trail to one.of the stands. I actually have a pic of it walking by a camera last year.

Comment

Glad you caught the beaver. They can really mess stuff up. On the dogs we have been raising them since the 80's. We catch quite a few. I will hit you up after deer season. It can be a blast.

-john

Comment

anybody seeing anything?

Comment

Pulled one of the cards today. Looks like it might be a good year. 2 different bucks.

-john

Got some squirreliness going on there. I like squirrely freaks!

Thanks Antlers86. I know I just pulled cards yesterday but since summer gets here tomorrow and the walk is about 1 1/2 miles round trip I decided to put out some more corn today while it was still cool.

Best picture that I have gotten of this freak.

I know where Imadoin' my East Texas spotlighting this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Got some squirreliness going on there. I like squirrely freaks!

I know where Imadoin' my East Texas spotlighting this year!!!
                            Well right now a spot light would help. Running about 95% night pictures right now. Expect it to change shortly.

-john

Comment

Ttt.

Comment

Quite where are in Van Zandt. Shot small doe weekend before Halloween and my son shot doe during youth weekend. See one buck so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X