No announcement yet.

Barndominium Build - Deep East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well a little update for the green screen…..We close on our house in town on Friday and then we will start to build our house when lumber prices get back somewhat to normal. Thankful we built the apartment now so we have a place to live until we build.

A little update on the property….

We found a leak in our pond and it happened to be on bottom where we thought we had covered a spring up good enough but in fact we didn’t. We learned the hard way. We have drained the pond and will now double it in size to around 1/2 acre and fix the leak.

We had a spray foam issue in parts of our shop and the foam company came back out and ripped out the parts that didn’t etch to the metal good and re sprayed close cell over the bare spots. They then went over the entire shop and sprayed open cell foam over the closed cell to give it a uniform look.

I took advantage to everything being moved out of the shop ( we had our entire house from town boxed up in u haul boxes in the shop….a lot) and everything was already taped up and had plastic down. I bought 35 gallons of paint and painted the foam black and then had the floors cleaned and sealed!

It’s not much progress but looks a hell of a lot better! We are putting up 3/4” sanded plywood along the walls where I didn’t paint at this weekend. My vision is coming together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

tell me about the floor

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        tell me about the floor
        Used a floor scrubber and and cleaned the floor and acid wash/scrub the bad spots.

Put 2 coats of Valspar protective sealer wet look and this is the outcome

Comment

Got the plywood walls finished up last night!

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
            Used a floor scrubber and and cleaned the floor and acid wash/scrub the bad spots.

Put 2 coats of Valspar protective sealer wet look and this is the outcome
            I like it. Yall have done well

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I like it. Yall have done well

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Looks amazing.

Comment

Wow, great thread and absolutely amazing build. A dream place for sure.

Comment

Life update: Our little boy, Carson, is 18 months old and growing like a weed!

When we started this thread we said that we had hoped to be a position to build in 3-5 years. Well by a lot of hard work and the Good Lord we have done it!

We closed on our construction loan at the end of March and have been rocking and rolling ever since on our new home.

I’ll let the pictures talk on the progress from day 1 of the build

Hope y’all enjoy

Comment

Comment

Pond had kept leaking and never was fully fixed. Got tired of throwing money at it and ultimately
                      It was too close to the shop and house with the little one so I broke the dam and filled it in. Been getting loads of good dirt hauled in as I can so I’ll
                      Be able to plant some bermuda to match the rest of our yard.

Comment

Comment

Comment

24hrs after concrete was poured, the framers started popping lines and setting walls

Comment

This is where we sit at as of today…28 days after closing

Comment

Congrats! Glad this thread is still going!

Comment

Working...
                                X