Ozark - Season 3: FOR THOSE THAT HAVE FINISHED WATCHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    She was getting a plea bargain(for the byrds) from the feds to give navarro so he would kill the byrds off and she could take over their businesses without them. I'm betting the fbi agent lady tipped off navarro during their plane ride.
    The could be how he knew. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      The only thing that show lacks is a hot girl.
      I'm not in disagreement with you but, it such good writing/acting that it is not needed to carry the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        Really good show but I can't stand Wendy. Reasons: 1. worked on obama campaign, 2. cheated on husband, 3. she isn't as smart as she thinks she is, 4. she's the word that rhymes with hunt
        I was hoping she got a bullet too. .

Comment

The season would have been better if the students had thrown Ben into the shredder and taken back their phones.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
            The season would have been better if the students had thrown Ben into the shredder and taken back their phones.
            I agree. The show already had enough interesting story lines. But I would have been ok if if the writers had added Wendy's hot sister with a drinking problem and loose britches

Comment

Ben and Ruth didn’t seem to enjoy their horizontal humpty dance scenes very much. Can’t believe Helen got blasted. Great season. Almost didn’t want to watch Season 3, because I was satisfied with the outcome after the end of Season 2.

I do think the show is at a potentially precarious point though. Either they wrap it up in season 4, or it becomes the Walking Dead (and remember Prison Break?), where the plot just becomes more pathetic in its attempt to one up itself. I do not need to watch any stupidness of where Marty hires the cartel to steal the FBI lady’s newborn baby, and they give it to Ruth as payment for killing Ben, and then there’s a spin off show about the lives of Zeke and the FBI baby growing up, both kidnapped and unaware, and blah blah blah. I could totally see that happening though.

I think show writers want to try and match or beat Breaking Bad’s longevity, but that’s a tough one. Ozark could do it, but it’s getting sketchy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hated Ben's character but I get the reasoning. I'm fairly certain the byrds were getting on the plane to be killed but Maya was pushed into giving up evidence to the FBI of the rival cartels domestic ties when she found out Marty was getting on the plane. The news was announced and Navarro caught wind of what Marty had done for him, thus having no need for Helen if Marty was so loyal.

Also, I'm 100% certain there wasnt a more fitting song to go along with Helen being whacked.

Cannot wait for season 4

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                  Hated Ben's character but I get the reasoning. I'm fairly certain the byrds were getting on the plane to be killed but Maya was pushed into giving up evidence to the FBI of the rival cartels domestic ties when she found out Marty was getting on the plane. The news was announced and Navarro caught wind of what Marty had done for him, thus having no need for Helen if Marty was so loyal.

Also, I'm 100% certain there wasnt a more fitting song to go along with Helen being whacked.

Cannot wait for season 4
                  Makes sense, seems like Charlotte mentioned Jonah having video of the rival cartel killing the drop off guys and then I don't remember it coming back up. Maya may have gotten possession of that video and Navarro found out the FBI was going to act on it...

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                    Ben and Ruth didn’t seem to enjoy their horizontal humpty dance scenes very much. Can’t believe Helen got blasted. Great season. Almost didn’t want to watch Season 3, because I was satisfied with the outcome after the end of Season 2.

I do think the show is at a potentially precarious point though. Either they wrap it up in season 4, or it becomes the Walking Dead (and remember Prison Break?), where the plot just becomes more pathetic in its attempt to one up itself. I do not need to watch any stupidness of where Marty hires the cartel to steal the FBI lady’s newborn baby, and they give it to Ruth as payment for killing Ben, and then there’s a spin off show about the lives of Zeke and the FBI baby growing up, both kidnapped and unaware, and blah blah blah. I could totally see that happening though.

I think show writers want to try and match or beat Breaking Bad’s longevity, but that’s a tough one. Ozark could do it, but it’s getting sketchy.

I agree, it doesn't need to drag on much longer now. Have Marty come up with a clever way to keep Navarro happy just long enough to figure a way out and ride off into the sunset with his kids. They could lose Wendy along the way but the way the season wrapped up it seemed to me like Marty and Wendy are solidifying.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      Makes sense, seems like Charlotte mentioned Jonah having video of the rival cartel killing the drop off guys and then I don't remember it coming back up. Maya may have gotten possession of that video and Navarro found out the FBI was going to act on it...
                      The video was a big part of the last few minutes. It was disclosed to FBI lady.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        The video was a big part of the last few minutes. It was disclosed to FBI lady.
                        Well ****, it was late and Jack Daniels

Comment

Well ****, it was late and Jack Daniels
                          A lot of good memories have ended this way. Some bad ones too

Comment

I agree, it doesn't need to drag on much longer now. Have Marty come up with a clever way to keep Navarro happy just long enough to figure a way out and ride off into the sunset with his kids. They could lose Wendy along the way but the way the season wrapped up it seemed to me like Marty and Wendy are solidifying.

Seen a few things online about whether Ben is actually dead. I think he’s got to be...unless...

Having Ben killed and Marty not show one bit of emotion makes it easier for the writers to twist the emotions of the viewers. Now we’re not cheering for the Byrds to get out of this quite as much as we were. Some of us want to see Wendy get whacked. Maybe Marty too. Set their kids free. Helen had already sold her soul, but seeing her motherly side made her death a little more of a *******.

So they spin all this conflict up, make us root for Ruth and Wyatt to get a little peace and happiness for once, and then as Marty and Wendy are finally executed by Navarro, the closing scene is Ruth getting a postcard from Ben.

Anything’s possible after the Tiger King.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              Seen a few things online about whether Ben is actually dead. I think he’s got to be...unless...

Having Ben killed and Marty not show one bit of emotion makes it easier for the writers to twist the emotions of the viewers. Now we’re not cheering for the Byrds to get out of this quite as much as we were. Some of us want to see Wendy get whacked. Maybe Marty too. Set their kids free. Helen had already sold her soul, but seeing her motherly side made her death a little more of a *******.

So they spin all this conflict up, make us root for Ruth and Wyatt to get a little peace and happiness for once, and then as Marty and Wendy are finally executed by Navarro, the closing scene is Ruth getting a postcard from Ben.

Anything’s possible after the Tiger King.

I mentioned to my wife the other night that it's crazy that we "root for" some of the worst people in the world. I agree, at this point i'd like for Ruth and Wyatt to be very successful local heroin manufacturers. Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                                I mentioned to my wife the other night that it's crazy that we "root for" some of the worst people in the world. I agree, at this point i'd like for Ruth and Wyatt to be very successful local heroin manufacturers. Jeez.
                                It is funny what some of these shows get you rooting for. I'm rooting for Darlene to keep her clothes on

Comment

Working...
                                X