No announcement yet.

Best western movie since 2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadwood the HBO series, if you haven't seen it is hands down the best. There was a Deadwood movie that was filmed about 10 years later, but I think it was forgettable or I didn't watch it. I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      Deadwood the HBO series, if you haven't seen it is hands down the best. There was a Deadwood movie that was filmed about 10 years later, but I think it was forgettable or I didn't watch it. I forget.
      I totally forget they were making a movie. I never watched it, but I will now. Maybe it sucks. Maybe I just didn’t see it.

Comment

The Lone Ranger new version is the funniest western movie.imo

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I have a DVD copy of Hi Lo Country, it's like $200 bucks on ebay last I looked. It's a great movie, but not sure why it's so hard to get ahold of.

All The Pretty Horses is great as well.

$35.00 on Amazon. Buy em all and become an Ebay thousandaire.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            I totally forget they were making a movie. I never watched it, but I will now. Maybe it sucks. Maybe I just didn’t see it.
            It will give you an excuse to watch the series again so you are caught up.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lo-Country.../dp/6305447187

$35.00 on Amazon. Buy em all and become an Ebay thousandaire.
              Something must have changed, been a while since I looked.

Comment

It will give you an excuse to watch the series again so you are caught up.
                Good idea. I’ve been meaning to anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                  Open Range
                  My favorite of modern times.

Robert duval and Costner made great cowboys.

Comment

Django
                    Hateful eight

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      Some good ones mentioned, but I'll throw in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.
                      I'll second that. Great work by the Cohen Brothers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The new Magnificent Seven wasnt bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
                          The Sisters Brothers. Joaquin Phoenix and John C. Reilly made a good duo. Wanted to watch it for awhile, then forgot about it. After hearing Steve Rinella sing it’s praises on the Meat Eater podcast, I rented it. Glad I did.
                          ^awesome movie, watched it twice last week.

Broken trail- bob Duvall and Thomas Haden church.

Comment

Its been said that Open Range is alot of folks favorites.

Fun Facts:
                            Costner played Charlie and also directed the film putting in 20 million of his own money, suffered a ruptured appendix that went un-diagnosed until AFTER shooting of the film wrapped up.

Robert Duval had broken 6 ribs getting tossed from a horse as he practiced for the role. He accepted the role of Boss Spearman in less than 24 hours after he was called. It was hos first western since playing Gus in Lonesome Dove

So both lead actors were in pretty bad shape to be running around on horses and staging gun fights all day.

For shots during the night, the crew had only 5 hours because the sun came up quickly that time of year.

The film was shot near Calgary Canada on an Indian Reservation.

I know it was shot in 1990, but Dances With Wolves is one of my favorites that Costner played/directed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hateful Eight. The number of times Jennifer Jason Leigh gets punched in the face is somewhere between hilarious and really disturbing. Plus Tim Roth is in it. Always thought he was a good actor ever since Reservoir Dogs

Comment

[QUOTE=SaintBlaise;14812815]No Broke Back Mountain fans here?...good.QUOTE]

Dude, that was not a western. It was a story about some shepherds that like to bump wieners.

Comment

Working...
                                X