Clear All

Bumping one of the best writeups on TBH

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Bumping one of the best writeups on TBH
      Agreed!! Awesome story and accomplishment

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW. Reading it again still makes the hair on my neck stand up!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          WOW. Reading it again still makes the hair on my neck stand up!
          Yeah I read back through the thread. Brought back a range of emotions. The man has a way with words.

Comment

Holy, holy!! I cannot believe I've never read this before!! What a magnificent animal!! And the write-up, well like you said Steve, "The man has a way with words!" I didn't read thru the whole thread. What was the final disposition of him? Did he do a full body mount or what! I'd have had to mortgage my house, but I'd have had that sucker mounted if it hair-lipped the pope!! I have a friend who got an 11-10" one mounted and measured a wall in his office then had the gator mounted so that with it's tail bent hanging down it would fit diagonally from the upper corner of the wall to the lower corner! I think that's the most impressive mount of anything I'd ever seen and still is to this day!

Comment

I wanna see the mount or pair(s) of boots this thing made!

Comment

Tagged to read later. Can’t believe I missed it

Comment

Great read and what a prehistoric monster. Was there a mount made for it?

Comment

Awesome write up and an absolute beast of a gator, congrats.

Comment

I’m glad you bumped this, I read it all again!

Every time I see a gator hunt posted, it makes me want to start looking into it again.

That 10footer ought to be closer to 11 by now, huh????[emoji15][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Steve, what is required tag wise to hunt your stretch of water? And is that area considered part of the public waterway? Do you guide trips for gators?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Steve, what is required tag wise to hunt your stretch of water? And is that area considered part of the public waterway? Do you guide trips for gators?

Dale I do a few when I locate big gators. They are getting much harder to find. Rules for non core spring season... gator must be taken from private property with land owner consent . You can set hooks in public water if attached to private land. Free swimming gators must be in private water. No tag required to hunt. After gator is taken, a resource doc is attached and you mail 21 bucks to tpwd for your cites tag . Must be post marked within 72 hours.

Comment

Working...
                          X