No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, if nothing else, I'll have a good walk through the woods looking for sign. Heading up on Tuesday. Scouting/hunting Wednesday.
    Happy Easter to all!

Comment

Checkout OnX Maps and buy a map from the forest service. Other than that there isn't much of a substitute out there for boots on the ground. Good areas seem to change, sometimes substantially, every year based on how much pressure they get. For turkey, they move a lot out there. I have had the best luck with roosting birds at night and sneaking back in early the next morning for a hunt. They typically aren't very talkative during the day out there due to the amount of pressure they get. However, despite popular belief, they still utilize and cross public land throughout the season. Hoping to get out there this week for some weekday hunts myself. Good luck and enjoy. It is a decent place if you put in the work and can handle dealing with some of the typical public land hassles.

Comment

Thanks RShockley
        I don't mind the work. That's half the fun!
        Not sure about the "public land hassles". I have been pretty spoiled hunting on good deer leases the last 30 years.
        But I'll be visiting my daughter in Alvord. It's so close, I'm think "why the heck not?"
        I've done a few scouting trips out there. Just so big and fragmented it's hard to know where to start.
        Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DrBob View Post
          Thanks RShockley
          I don't mind the work. That's half the fun!
          Not sure about the "public land hassles". I have been pretty spoiled hunting on good deer leases the last 30 years.
          But I'll be visiting my daughter in Alvord. It's so close, I'm think "why the heck not?"
          I've done a few scouting trips out there. Just so big and fragmented it's hard to know where to start.
          Good luck and have fun!
          Did you get my PM?

Comment

Working...
          X