No announcement yet.

Found a den

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years Ago: Loved eating them. Tried Baking. Ok but not my favorite. Fillets wastes meat and small pieces but very tasty. Fried with the ribs and seems like was a bit "oily" from vague memory. Been many years since had one to cook. Georgetown area has some but thankfully I rarely see them. South Texas home area as you know has more than their fair share.

Comment

Nope nope nope.

Comment

Appendix carry looks so uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          The den I found was kind of sketchy to get to. It's on a rock ledge that's pretty steep. The terrain I have to go through to get there is more dangerous than any of the snakes out there. A rock shifted as I stepped on it one day and I almost took a nose dive into some giant rocks 20 feet below me. Luckily there was a rock ledge and I jumped and landed on it instead of falling and bouncing off of it. That would have hurt.
          There’s an old cemetery located high up on a hill in a remote area. I had been told there were at least two rattlesnake dens by it. You can’t see the cemetery from the nearest road even when the trees shed their leaves. Normally I wouldn’t go looking for a cemetery but this one has a Texas Ranger who was buried there in the 1800’s. Wanted to at least pay respects to his grave while there and also try to see where the dens might be. The grandson of the largest property owner in the area told me how to get to the hidden cemetery. I found the dens way up on the south side of that hill. There are actually three dens and possibly another. All I had to look for was the stone capped portions of that hill.
          Last edited by Worksalot; 04-07-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

sweet amigo!!

Comment

Rattle snake round practice

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                I say Kill them all.....good job
                This right here!

Comment

Heck yeah, good times!

Comment

Fry em up. Love some fried rattle snake.

Comment

I hate rattlesnakes more than hogs.

Comment

You might to cut the heads next time, your lucky man!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Why?
                          Cuz they’re good to eat?

Comment

Man when I needed some to cook up for my sons b-day the few places that sold them was about $150/snake. That very day there were 2 threads on TBH like this where people were blowing and throwing. Sure wish we had these suckers in East,Tx. (I understand I am alone in that wish)

Comment

If there not at your house and your not going to use or eat the when why kill them? You will never put a dent in the population....
                              You can do that if you want to...I'll continue to do my best to put a dent in the population on my place. Kill them all!

Comment

I was shooting an STI Staccato P with RMR. I shoot them because each one I kill is one less I have the chance to step on walking to the stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X