No announcement yet.

Pool table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy quality used and have a professional install it. you wont be dissappointed.
    Last edited by saintsfan; 04-07-2020, 01:05 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

I bet you can find one for free. They are hard to get rid of. My brother had a nice coin machine that was in new condition. Nobody would take it. He ended up dumping it.

Comment

I bought a new Olhausen with all the stuff, delivered and setup and it was a good way to go. By the time you buy a used one, pay to have it moved, refelt, setup and leveled you probably will be within a few hundred of a new one. Unless you find a high dollar table for cheap.

Check Billiards and Barstools in store. I bought one they had in store for 1/2 off... It was the Huntington. It was right at $2K delivered and setup.
        Last edited by BrianL; 04-07-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Ours is furniture at best but we like it. Bought it new but I doubt a well taken care of pool table would be an issue at all.

Comment

Obvious we have some pool players on tbh. We should get a tournament together when this corona crap slacks up.

Comment

I'd think you could find a good used one and re-felt it and have a great table.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Obvious we have some pool players on tbh. We should get a tournament together when this corona crap slacks up.
                I'm in .

To the OP.
                Get a Diamond table if you're serious, or if you are concerned about resale value.
                Everything else in the US is pretty much junk, with the exception of the upper echelon Brunswick's.
                As to other good brands, you have no dealer almost guaranteed, as most are made overseas.
                Diamonds are built to last, and play the way a table should.
                1 piece slate, level up perfectly time and time again.
                And beautiful .
                As to having a "professional" set your table up, that's subjective.
                Pool is niche thing, and knowing how to set a table up, is a even smaller niche.
                We have about 3 or 4 people in the state that really know how to set a table up.
                That's it.
                If you can hold a 8ft straight edge down the rails, read a level, melt some beeswax with a hair dryer, operate a socket, staple gun, & wrench, you can do it as good as the next guy.
                Do to do it right, is rocket science, for anyone not playing the game seriously it's pointless.
                1 YouTube video and you can be a pro.
                Just buy a used Diamond, it will allow the idiot that sets it up, to get it playing better than you can
                It will never disappoint

Comment

Why ? There's nobody on here, that can beat me....

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                    Why ? There's nobody on here, that can beat me....
                    That well may be true. I play a lot as a young man.my back is all messed up now and I can't turn to my right. I started learning to play left handed about a year and a half ago. Like a kid starting from scratch. I was making a little progress but now this corona mess has the world shut down so I'm probably forgetting how.

Now for you Mr Hatter. I still have that 500 bucks I was gonna play you for giving me three on the wire race to 7?

Comment

Oh..and I agree on the diamond tables. That's all I play on. Tight pockets but they roll right.

Comment

That well may be true. I play a lot as a young man.my back is all messed up now and I can't turn to my right. I started learning to play left handed about a year and a half ago. Like a kid starting from scratch. I was making a little progress but now this corona mess has the world shut down so I'm probably forgetting how.

Now for you Mr Hatter. I still have that 500 bucks I was gonna play you for giving me three on the wire race to 7?
                        I'm game.
                        It was a race to 10....?
                        I'm gonna have to find that post .
                        Whatever the original terms were, no crawfishing here

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          I'm game.
                          It was a race to 10....?
                          I'm gonna have to find that post .
                          Whatever the original terms were, no crawfishing here
                          Lol. Might have been a race to 5?.....need all the help I can get since I'm playing off handed and all that.

Comment

Lol. Might have been a race to 5?.....need all the help I can get since I'm playing off handed and all that.
                            Uh huh, you'll probably run the set out on me, from the flip

Comment

I’m not trying to relive “the hustler “ or “the color of money “. My dad grew up with a pool table and I think it would be nice entertainment for my 3 boys as well.

I think too often we try to dissect things way too far. Yes I want a quality table. But just like anyone else, I have my reasonable limits.

I am definitely learning about how adding the cost of the move/setup to the table will bring you closer to a new price.

Is it really necessary to put new felt on when you buy used?

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                                I’m not trying to relive “the hustler “ or “the color of money “. My dad grew up with a pool table and I think it would be nice entertainment for my 3 boys as well.

I think too often we try to dissect things way too far. Yes I want a quality table. But just like anyone else, I have my reasonable limits.

I am definitely learning about how adding the cost of the move/setup to the table will bring you closer to a new price.

Is it really necessary to put new felt on when you buy used?
                                It is almost no extra cost. Table will be broken down anyway. Also if a table has been sitting the cushions will be dead. Easy to replace them for little extra cost. As a matter of fact a professional set up will prefer new cushions and felt.

Comment

Working...
                                X