No announcement yet.

Someone iving on someone elses vacant land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a guy we investigated. He would find vacant houses change the locks and rent them out. It was a major pain in the butt for the home owners to get the tenets evicted

Comment

It is very difficult for someone to take land via squatters rights in Texas. Very difficult.

Use the CAD for the county and find the owners. It will have the mailing address and you could send them a letter.

Comment

Take him a few rattle snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyguitarguy View Post
          Easy thing is the guy that is owning him the extension cords for power is the son of a school board member. Lol
          I don't get the connection and/or why that is an easy thing.

Comment

A few years ago we had a Squatter move onto an abandoned lake lot that boarder our farm. No water, sewer or electricity. They were throwing their trash over the fence onto our place .
            The taxes were 8 years behind but the county didn’t want the place.
            I didn’t want to have to pay the taxes on the place but I ended up having to buy it so I could put them off and clean up their mess.

Comment

It maybe very hard to get the person off of the land. I know of multiple pieces of property where squatters have set up camp. Not sure the reasoning, but I have been told the land owners have tried for years to get the squatters off of their land, for some reason, the law won't remove them. I don't know if it's a case of they can't catch them or won't for some legal reason. That one piece of property, I have heard about the problems they have had for years. Then I noticed another piece of property, that someone has built a shelter on, mostly hidden by trees, but visible if you know where to look, it's in the same area as the other one. Then there is another piece of property in the area, where some more squatters have a camp set up, it's along a creek, we found that camp while kayaking.

Comment

It's easy to get people off of land if you don't post about such things on the world wide web.

Comment

1. You could put up no trespassing signs on the property and leave him a note to vacate the premises immediately.

2. Help him build a nicer shack so it doesn’t offend you.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    I don't get the connection and/or why that is an easy thing.
                    The entire post made zero sense. Assuming the guy down the street has the nicer plywood house and he's jealous.

Comment

Give him 20 bucks and tell him 40’s are on you. When he hauls *** to the nearest corona virus gas station burn down shack.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        1. You could put up no trespassing signs on the property and leave him a note to vacate the premises immediately.

2. Help him build a nicer shack so it doesn’t offend you.
                        Trespassing on someone else's property that you know isn't yours to kick someone off property you don't know if they own is ironic at best.

Comment

Off topic a landlord I lived near in East texas got home on a Saturday with 2 doors in his truck. A few days later the doors had disappeared, my neighbor told me when a renter wouldn't leave he would tell them he was going to refinish the doors. After a day or 2 they usually left and he would change the locks and replace the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            This was a guy we investigated. He would find vacant houses change the locks and rent them out. It was a major pain in the butt for the home owners to get the tenets evicted

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/f...se-6384680.php
                            That’s crazy

Comment

A powerful hunting app with mapping, property boundaries, satellite imagery and valuable tools for hunters. Download now for iOS and Android.

It is a free mobile phone app that can help you determine any owner of a property for free. Plus you can use it for hunting activities.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                                Trespassing on someone else's property that you know isn't yours to kick someone off property you don't know if they own is ironic at best.

It’s also effective to get the OP what he wants.

I never said it was right. IMO the right thing to do is inform the landowner. After that all you can do is mind your own business.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-08-2020, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X