The Market Bottom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Market Bottom?

IMO the market is nowhere near its bottom. I think it could go to 12-13,000. If you are young and a long term investor then it will eventually recover. In the credit crisis of 2008 with 40-50% losses, the market eventually recovered those loses and made nice gains but that happened over a number of years. That is why younger investors can afford to take more risk because they have time on their side.

If you are at or near retirement then that is a different story. The combination of withdrawing money for income coupled with a severe decline in the market is a bad combination. This is why investing models gradually decrease the percentage in stocks as one ages and nears retirement.

Hope I am wrong but I think we will see the DOW continue to decline for awhile.

The futures are up tomorrow. I think we hit bottom. People don't realize how far we have already dropped. IMO the economic fallout has already been factored in.

Comment

Ok get back to me in a month and lets compare notes

Comment

I already predicted what the markets would do. Just go read that thread.

In a nutshell...
        If we let people go back to work very soon (2 weeks or less) we will be fine and markets rebound quick.
        If no one goes back to work until May 1st the markets will dip more..

If Trump extends again to the end of May or June the markets are screwed and tank to 14-16k

If everyone heads back to work I don't think the damage would be that bad. IMO unfortunately a lot depends on the media. They keep BSing and scaring people then Trump may have to extend. If they start telling the truth and showing/comparing real numbers IMO people would calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          I already predicted what the markets would do. Just go read that thread.

In a nutshell...
          If we let people go back to work very soon (2 weeks or less) we will be fine and markets rebound quick.
          If no one goes back to work until May 1st the markets will dip more..

If Trump extends again to the end of May or June the markets are screwed and tank to 14-16k

If everyone heads back to work I don't think the damage would be that bad. IMO unfortunately a lot depends on the media. They keep BSing and scaring people then Trump may have to extend. If they start telling the truth and showing/comparing real numbers IMO people would calm down.
          My thread had nothing to do with yours. You made your prediction and I made mine - carry on

Comment

I would think 15k is gona be the bottom. Thankfully b4 this mess i was all cash and my 401 was all bonds. Im actually up 4% by being all bonds. I need to switch to equities to ride both the down and the up, but not going to do so just yet. I dont think we ve seen the bottom yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
              My thread had nothing to do with yours. You made your prediction and I made mine - carry on
              But you are wrong.....and in time it’ll be proven. If you want to defend your stance, start with what you are basing your predictions on. I’ve read countless threads the past two weeks with people blindly saying “we aren’t even close to the bottom yet”. They have no idea, they just want to appear informed. Do you run a brokerage company? A hedge fund? Any reason why others should find what you say relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                I would think 15k is gona be the bottom. Thankfully b4 this mess i was all cash and my 401 was all bonds. Im actually up 4% by being all bonds. I need to switch to equities to ride both the down and the up, but not going to do so just yet. I dont think we ve seen the bottom yet.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh....and most economists will tell you the market recovered in 2008 in roughly 18 months......not years.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                    But you are wrong.....and in time it’ll be proven. If you want to defend your stance, start with what you are basing your predictions on. I’ve read countless threads the past two weeks with people blindly saying “we aren’t even close to the bottom yet”. They have no idea, they just want to appear informed. Do you run a brokerage company? A hedge fund? Any reason why others should find what you say relevant?
                    just 41 years as a financial planner with a securities license - over four decades of seeing every kind of market and situation you can imagine. Working first hand with hundreds of successful clients. Your background and why folks should deem you relevant?
                    Last edited by Huntingfool; 04-05-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

No way we are going to 14-15K. We are at bottom now. There will continue to be volatility but we are not nose diving from here.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        No way we are going to 14-15K. We are at bottom now. There will continue to be volatility but we are not nose diving from here.
                        You are right and I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                          Your background and why folks should deem you relevant?
                          I’d didn’t make the post.......you did. I’m not here trying to preach doom and gloom......you are. Your post. Your statements. The burden of relevancy (and proof) is on you chief.

Comment

Trying to time the markets is a losers game. Even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while, but more often you'll be wrong.

Comment

I said 18k before the bounce we had two weeks ago... I think we drop back to 19k then start our U shape climb up in June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X