No announcement yet.

Medicare question for Geezers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Brent the “free” is the hook. So When my mother in law was alive her “advantage” plan went up to $318.00 per month. She was alarmed because it had been going up regularly.

Comment

Do y’all have any recommendations for agents in the Katy/Houston area?

Comment

I understand that once you sign up for supplement Plan "G", they cannot cancel you. An "Advantage Plan" can.
        I could be wrong.

Always ask an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          Do y’all have any recommendations for agents in the Katy/Houston area?
          just google "health insurance agents houston texas" and many will come up - talk to a couple and go with the one you feel comfortable with

Comment

Medicare and Mutual of Omaha for me and the wife. Wife had total knee replacement last August and has not been billed for anything. Her premium is within 10 dollars of 110 dollars per month. I turned 65 last October and my premium is 97 per month with mutual of Omaha. Nothing serious for me so time will tell. I'm waiting on elective surgery for a knee.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              Medicare and Mutual of Omaha for me and the wife. Wife had total knee replacement last August and has not been billed for anything. Her premium is within 10 dollars of 110 dollars per month. I turned 65 last October and my premium is 97 per month with mutual of Omaha. Nothing serious for me so time will tell. I'm waiting on elective surgery for a knee.
              Same for my wife and I. Medicare part A & B with Mutual of Omaha part G supplement. We are both 66. Our part G supplement are less than $100.00 each. I have had a colonoscopy and a MRI plus regular Dr. visits. I am in PT right now for a torn Labrum. My wife has had a colonoscopy, a MRI, and some orthopedic procedures. Other than the $200.00 part G deductible we have paid zero. I know there are some advantage plans that cost less, but personally I have more confidence in regular Medicare plus a Medicare supplement. If you want more information go to Boomer Benefits. They are great and have a lot of very informative videos that will answer your questions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a military retiree so I have Tricare for Life but am required to have Medicare. Medicare pays first and Tricare picks up the remainder. No co-pays or deductibles so no complaints from this geezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Medicare with the added Humana policy saves me 12K a year..............
                  I don’t know how much it saved me, but I’m out nearly nothing. I’m on lots of meds, they cost nothing, free gym membership too. My Humana bill is less than $20 a month. Only copays and they are cheap. I wouldn’t go any other way.

Comment

Medicare and a supplement. Also get an insurance to cover your drugs.

The plans can limit you to available drs., hospitals, medical services, etc.

Comment

Question for y’all regarding health insurance agents and finding “one your comfortable with”. Are these guys high pressure salesmen, running shell games or what? Why can’t I use you huntingfool? You’ve got 41 years of experience. You obviously are doing something right!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                        Medicare and a supplement. Also get an insurance to cover your drugs.

The plans can limit you to available drs., hospitals, medical services, etc.
                        I got above..about 300/400 a month...drugs that we take are free by mail.and out of pocket Doc/Hosp have been real low.....and coverage Had both knees replaced and 3 weeks P therapy...with each 10 weeks apart...out of pocket was 77bucks each....I thought was mistake it was so cheap...will be 2years in May and never another bill...
                        when I signed up it was plan N thats all I remember. 15years ago

Comment

Ok. Thanks CVS.

Comment

One other consideration is a lot of doctors don't accept Medicare patients. I have an advantage plan for this very reason. Several of the doctors I've seen regularly for a number of years accept Humana but not straight Medicare.

Comment

So the “advantage plan” is “free”, free, free, free; however, the deductibles are over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                                Question for y’all regarding health insurance agents and finding “one your comfortable with”. Are these guys high pressure salesmen, running shell games or what? Why can’t I use you huntingfool? You’ve got 41 years of experience. You obviously are doing something right!
                                Because you need an agent in the area you live -

Most of the agents I know are valid and honest despite what you hear or think - not high pressure - ask around to friends and family and they can refer you to a good agent that does health insurance -

keep in mind - the state of Texas regulates medicare health insurance plans - all the companies have to offer the same plans for advantage or supplement plans - only variance is the premium.

My guess is you should go onto Medicare and find a supplement plan rather than an advantage plan - Humana, Aetna, Cigna are a few of the quality companies

Comment

Working...
                                X