• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potato

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don’t do puzzles. They make my head hurt....

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            With a hammer....
            Or bolt cutters

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              that's an old V-8

Comment

Comment

The 6 is in the same location in both the first and second clue. One says that one number is correct and in the right place while the other says one number is correct and in the wrong place. 6 is then eliminated because both can’t be true with it in the same location.

The fourth clue says it can’t be 7, 3 or 8 so 8 is eliminated in the first clue, leaving 2 in the correct place in the first clue so we have _ _ 2.

The second clue says one number is correct but in the wrong place. 6 has already been eliminated so 1 or 4.

The third clue 206 says two numbers are correct but in the wrong place. Again, 6 has been eliminated so we have 2 and 0. 2 has already been locked in the last spot so either 0_2 or _02. But.... the 0 is in the middle position and the clue says both are in the wrong place. We already have 2 in the third space (from clue number one) so we have now locked in 0_2.

From the second clue we know it is only the 1 or 4 because 6 has been eliminated. So the answer is either 042 or 012.

BUT.... clue number two says the one corrct number is in the wrong place. Since we are looking for the middle number in the final solution, 1 is eliminated since it is in the middle in clue number two and that clue says the right numbet is in the wrong location. That leaves 4 so....

As least that’s my deciphering...

Clear as mud?

Comment

Last edited by Sideler; 04-05-2020, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                          The 6 is in the same location in both the first and second clue. One says that one number is correct and in the right place while the other says one number is correct and in the wrong place. 6 is then eliminated because both can’t be true with it in the same location.

The fourth clue says it can’t be 7, 3 or 8 so 8 is eliminated in the first clue, leaving 2 in the correct place in the first clue so we have _ _ 2.

The second clue says one number is correct but in the wrong place. 6 has already been eliminated so 1 or 4.

The third clue 206 says two numbers are correct but in the wrong place. Again, 6 has been eliminated so we have 2 and 0. 2 has already been locked in the last spot so either 0_2 or _02. But.... the 0 is in the middle position and the clue says both are in the wrong place. We already have 2 in the third space (from clue number one) so we have now locked in 0_2.

From the second clue we know it is only the 1 or 4 because 6 has been eliminated. So the answer is either 042 or 012.

BUT.... clue number two says the one corrct number is in the wrong place. Since we are looking for the middle number in the final solution, 1 is eliminated since it is in the middle in clue number two and that clue says the right numbet is in the wrong location. That leaves 4 so....

As least that’s my deciphering...

Clear as mud?
                          almost exactly, prett near the way I woulda said it, but decided not to.

Comment

042 but it was easier to start at the last clue and work your way up.

Comment

I have a riddle.

One day there was a man in a hospital bed, and there was a man sitting next to him. So, the doctor asked the man sitting next to the man in the hospital bed, he asked, who are you? The man said listen closely for I will only tell you this once. Brothers and sisters I have none, but this man's father is my father's son. Who is this man?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X