Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Small business owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
    The archery shop in Denison?
    Yes

Comment

A lot of prayers here. Especially a lot of prayers to all our customers, our exceptional team at West Feeds, and other small businesses that provide so much for Texas and our nation.

Comment

Staying laser focused on customers needs and getting the job done regardless of what’s in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
          My wife and I have a antique/vintage mall and it appears it will down for awhile. I am also a GM at a trailer sales/repair shop. It falls under essential since we service the transportation industry. It was been extremely slow for it also
          Where is the vintage mall located? Do you have a website?

Comment

I own a National company. Hawaja calls for stuff. It is slowing down...................

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
              We are considered essential, and haven't seen a slowdown yet. No debt.
              Same here......zero debt this time and in 2008 made these blips in our business even stronger! (Thank God for Dave Ramsey) We may be off 15% or so, but zero complaints. Actually in an odd way this is helping us to tweak and streamline our business model...…….all while keeping all 37 employees running full time.
              Originally posted by Truckman View Post
              https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus...loan-resources

Many loans will be complexly forgiven if you follow the guidelines. Money comes in days.
              We hope we can continue to generate cash and not geaux down this road. I doubt our nation can handle $2.2 trillion with possibly another $2.2 trillion being discussed!!!! With the current debt we currently hold, paying just the interest aint gonna work for very long......just saying.
              Originally posted by CEO View Post
              Wife is a home builder. They've closed 5 houses in the last three weeks. All in the $1.5-$2mil range. Not sure what will happen now.
              It is BOOMING in our neighborhood also. Heck, there are at least 3 houses that visually appear to be in the 10,000+ square foot range being built. Wife and I were discussing this yesterday. Is this money that was being held on the sidelines for the last few years or possibly the 2019 bonus checks being used to upgrade communities, etc.? Zero slowdown as the work crews are blocking the streets in some areas. New slab being poured on my street early this morning before the rain hit.

Comment

Small business owners... take advantage of the Paycheck Protection Program. As already pointed out, money (loans) from this program WILL be forgiven if guidelines are followed. Money comes from an SBA Preferred Lender and is backed by the SBA. This means funds will start flowing ASAP. I consult with Live Oak Bank’s service contractor group (Live Oak is a Preferred SBA lender). Follow this link: https://www.liveoakbank.com/paycheck...ogram-sign-up/

If you are a service contractor - HVAC, plumbing, electrical drop me a PM if you have specific questions.

Comment

We do upper end residential cabinetry. We’ve been buried this year and the bids keep rolling in, but a couple small projects have gone away and we’re seeing signs of a pull back on beginning on the mid level homes.
                  Cannot find out if we are essential or not. We have a 12 person crew, half of which is home with kids or quarantined. Wife and I have been out over two weeks, unable to get tested, but Dr’s saying we likely had it and can go back now.
                  No idea what to think. Checks are still coming in, but our output is half, so troubles coming. We have a note on one machine at this point and own our building, but it’s going to hit the skids pretty quick. Grateful for an amazing crew, and dreading if we have to lay off.
                  Hard to get much sleep lately.

Comment

Prayers up for the little guys!

Comment

I’m prayin for you guys!!

Comment

I am a dentist and we were pretty much shut down by the mandate a week ago. We are essential personnel but are limited right now to emergencies only. No way to pay the bills or employees for long seeing only extreme pain patients. I have applied for the SBA loan and will apply for the payroll protection grant. I will continue to pay all my employees as long as possible. Never dreamed something like this could shut me down. Hopefully it starts to fade in the next couple weeks and we can all get back to work.

Comment

Mid to high end outdoor living contractor here. We are blessed. We had a 5 week backlog to get to when this mess started. Leads have slowed down but we have still managed to make a few sales that will help extend that for a couple more weeks. We are going to trim the fat and do our best to work lean, keep our nose to the grindstone and our faith in the Lord����

Comment

I've been tinkering with numbers the last few days and can weather this storm for a couple of few months with no to very little incoming revenue. The last week we had a big spike in service request. When people start going back to the office we will see another spike. My fear is a bunch of businesses will close down and a bunch more will be very reluctant to make any capital expenditures once we return to the new normal. My business relies on capital expenditure spending. It's going to be an interesting journey.

Comment

Our business is down 40%. not profitable now but stable at this time. All 14 workers we have decreased their work time for 5 days a week to 3 days of week. With this, this allows them to apply for partial unemployment with help from the stimulus. It saves me 12-14 hours per employee each week adn allows them to recieve about their same pay check. They make $20 and below an hour.

Comment

I was actually shocked my accountant told me to apply for the stimulus loan. I'm pretty liquid so knew I could float us through this next month fairly easily, but she basically said i'm passing on free money. If I don't lay anyone off, and continue to pay my employees the loan is forgiven. At the worst there could be a 4 percent interest fee. And I get to hang on to my funds to get us rolling once this is over. Seems like a win-win to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X