• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Good night Son! Those ice trays are like wrestlin bears

16.5 for me. Teaberry?
    Same here. All but the teaberry gum.

Teaberry sounds like something you would order today at starbucks!

And how about the "its nine o'clock, do you know where your children are?" every night on tv.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

BTW - PF Flyers were greatness.

Comment

I remember every one but I am an old fart fisherman liar. Actually hate to tell the truth, but do not remember the gum but do remember striped gum? And Mable put a stop to any partying on them confounded phones. And my candy "was" bigger!

Comment

8 only

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
            Same here. All but the teaberry gum.

Teaberry sounds like something you would order today at starbucks!

And how about the "its nine o'clock, do you know where your children are?" every night on tv.

I guess you, like most on here, are Texan so you can be excused for not knowing about teaberry. "Teaberry" is a slang name for Wintergreen through the Southeastern United States where it grows wild.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

In the summer time my mother did not allow boys in the house until after dark. We lived a little far out so there was only 2 places we could be " inside or outside".

Comment

17 of 17. For tv, we only had 4,5,8,11,13. Later we could get 21 on uhf. In Dallas.

In the mornings before school we watched ch 11, Iggy Twerp and the slam bang theater. The 3 stooges and cartoons were on. Also Mr. Peppermint. He might have been after school.
                In the afternoons there were more cartoons when you got home after school, i think on channel 11 again.

How about Cowboy antennas for the blacked out games. At my house it took a 40' tower to get Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                  All but the number one
                  Same here.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I remember all of them except party lines.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                            All of them. The comment Sears sold guns reminds me Penny’s, Target, Woolworth, Western Auto, and most hardware and general stores sold them. Oshman’s was a sporting goods store I bought several from. I remember my dad buying a new rem 700 bdl 30-06 he still has from Target late 60’s he brags for a $100 bill. I remember him getting a colt new frontier convertible 22, 22 mag from there also for about the same price. Seemed pretty much everyone carried guns then.
                            The first centerfire rifle I ever bought was a 6.5 Carcano (same rifle used to shoot Kennedy). I ordered this rifle online and it was delivered to my home by the post office. I was 15. Every Saturday night the barber shop in the neighboring town of Siler City would have a gun trade night. We would show up and place our guns on a table. If you saw a gun that appealed to you, you would try to work out a deal with the owner, either trade or flat out buy. My first handgun was a Ruger Bearcat I got for, I believe, a H&R single shot shotgun and $10 to boot. I was 16 at the time. When I remember the
                            Colt SAAs and matched number war surplus Lugers on the table for $25 - $30 I cringe. Of course, at the time I was in High school and earning $25 per month as a bus driver.
                            Last edited by Phillip Fields; 03-29-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                                I remember 13 out of 17.

I do not remember 1-6-8-13
                                17-17. Dern I’m old.

Comment

Working...
                                X