Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

I think I dodged a bullet - sepsis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
    They did not necessarily, link the blood clot to the sepsis. How has your long term recovery been? Right now I have limited mobility in both shoulders and right wrist and feel like a stepped on shat sandwich.
    Oh ok..
    My long term recovery was ok.. I still have some joint pains that weren't there before. I was on several antibiotics during my stay some with serious long term side affects, little known to me at the time.. Not that it would have mattered because I was dying.. Use it..
    The had me on big doses of IV Levaquin for most of my stay. A side affect of this drug is ligament pain, ligament weakening and ligament rupture.. Mainly the Achilles' tendon and the tendon connecting my forearm to my elbow.. When I have a flare up it is painful to even make a fist... Feels like tennis elbow on steroids!!!

Who knows what's to come.. Now knowing that all of our antibiotics are made in China doesn't make me feel good about the fact they ran so much of that different junk through me.. I guess the alternative was worse!!

Comment

Somebody was looking out for you, sir. Glad you caught it when you did.

Comment

Prayers for a fast recovery. Take care.

Comment

That’s a heck of a way to get tested! Get well soon.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it taken care of. Prayers for continued healing!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Oh ok..
              My long term recovery was ok.. I still have some joint pains that weren't there before. I was on several antibiotics during my stay some with serious long term side affects, little known to me at the time.. Not that it would have mattered because I was dying.. Use it..
              The had me on big doses of IV Levaquin for most of my stay. A side affect of this drug is ligament pain, ligament weakening and ligament rupture.. Mainly the Achilles' tendon and the tendon connecting my forearm to my elbow.. When I have a flare up it is painful to even make a fist... Feels like tennis elbow on steroids!!!

Who knows what's to come.. Now knowing that all of our antibiotics are made in China doesn't make me feel good about the fact they ran so much of that different junk through me.. I guess the alternative was worse!!
              Thanks for the input. This makes sense to me now, I was on IV Levaquin while in the hospital. The limited mobility in my right arm seems to be related to pain in the shoulder, so hopefully it will clear up with time and I can get back to a normal life. It's hard to fish, shoot your bow, or play guitar when you can't raise your arm above your waist. I think the antibiotic really did a number on my body but I agree, the alternative was alot worse!!

Comment

Sure glad to see that God was watching over you my friend.

Get well soon.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                X