No announcement yet.

Job Search Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might consider a regulatory compliance job with the Texas Railroad Commission. Looks like you are more than qualified.

Big organization, lots of jobs posted.

Comment

Check out NRG Energy as well.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the job loss. I work for PepsiCo and I know FritoLay is looking for a ton of people right now. It may be starting on a route but with a degree you could easily work into a Management Trainee program. Also, you're wanting something immediately, look at HEB, Kroger, etc. They have immediate needs for people and could provide a paycheck until you find your career job.
        Last edited by TCB; 03-24-2020, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Will also try to help once this virus craziness settles a bit and we reopen our offices. Shoot me a pm with your info.

Comment

There are a pile of your alumni in the Cybersecurity Business. As young as you are and your Aggie connections, I'd try to make the switch out of Oil and Gas.
            Here are two Aggies I know of:

Good luck

Comment

If you really like what you were doing and the field of study you were in, I would recommend getting a job to bridge the gap until things get better and then go back into the business.

I say this because I was in college in the early 80's when oil had busted and very few people were getting jobs. I was going to get my degree in Geology but when none of the upper classmen were even getting interviews at that time I got scared and jumped to the business school. I feel like I jumped ship and changed career paths too quickly and missed out on what could have been a wonderful career.

Yes, the oil and gas experiences ups an downs more so than other industries but I have friends that I went to school with who have been in it since the early 80's without losing their jobs.

It is tough out there right now but I am optimistic things will get better soon than a lot of people are saying.

Comment

Hang in there and don't give up. This to shall pass!

Comment

Working...
                X