Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
    Board and Batten.

4x8 or 4x10 sheets of smooth hardie installed and then 1x2 Hardie battens installed over the top at 16" or 24" on center.

Install furring strips first behind the 4x8 hardie to leave an air gap for water to drain out of. Will help to keeo from trapping moisture up against your house.
    Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    Thanks, what's the cost compared to brick on a new build? My wife thinks its cheaper...?
    Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Plus, you get to paint it every eight years or so!
    Originally posted by tpack View Post
    I don`t think you will save any money long term. Paint is expensive and so is the labor to paint it. Plus, brick and rock just looks better.
    It's all the rage, but $6K-$8K every few years to paint & caulk it will get old. I put stone (from Dale) on mine everywhere that would support it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
      So he works all year, deals with the headaches that come with the construction industry right now, all for less than $30,000 a year?

He's doing charity work if that's the case.
      I think the same thing. I am just going to go with it and be happy I am able to use him. He also quoted only 5-6 months to build the house. Sounds crazy but he built my sister's house and another friends house in 4 months, so I know its doable.

Comment

We went with the Hardie siding and couldn't be happier.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
          I think the same thing. I am just going to go with it and be happy I am able to use him. He also quoted only 5-6 months to build the house. Sounds crazy but he built my sister's house and another friends house in 4 months, so I know its doable.
          I'd run with it too if you've got references like your sister. That's a too good to be true kind of deal.

Comment

From some of these posts I realize I'm broker than I thought

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X