Now 7.8 Billion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now 7.8 Billion

That is the population of this ball we call Earth.

2% of that 7.8 Billion population = 156 million

.003% of that 7.8 Billion population = 234,000

We have less than 200,000 cases of this virus on this globe in what's being called a pandemic.. So less than .003% is a pandemic I guess?

It Just doesn't seem bad enough to justify pulling the plug on our Nation.
    Last edited by PondPopper; 03-17-2020, 10:24 AM.

I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      That is the population of this ball we call Earth.

2% of that 7.8 Billion population = 156 million

.003% of that 7.8 Billion population = 234,000

We have less than 200,000 cases of this virus on this globe in what's being called a pandemic.. So less than .003% is a pandemic I guess?

It Just doesn't seem bad enough to justify pulling the plug on the our Nation.
      I was trying to find the ages of the covid19 deaths here in the USA....couldn't find anything. The 48 deaths in Washington, all at the old folks home?

Comment

Indeed. Fearful people look for reasons to fear

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          I was trying to find the ages of the covid19 deaths here in the USA....couldn't find anything. The 48 deaths in Washington, all at the old folks home?
          The guy that died in Matagorda yesterday was 96.

Comment

I agree.
            I believe the virus is the least of our worries at this point.
            More people will kill themselves from the consequences, than the virus.
            Almost certainly has to be more behind this.
            Hopefully not, but it's like watching a tornado start to form.
            You can kinda see it taking shape, and you assume you know what's coming, but you can't be 100%.
            Just try and be as ready as you can.
            Gas cans are disappearing around here, along with everything else.
            It ain't me buying em either.
            Ima sit this one out

Comment

Just went grocery shopping in Rosenberg at Kroger- business as usual just no Tp and zero signs of panic. Everyone was just going about their own business.....

Comment

Approximately 300 million people die each year. That's without the novel coronavirus. My guess is that the difference will be nothing more than a rounding error. That's sounds crass, but those are the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  I read that the gentleman that just passed away from the virus in the Baycity hospital was 90.
                  It seems it took him quick but who knows how long he had it..

Comment

stay sandy, ostrich.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      I agree.
                      I believe the virus is the least of our worries at this point.
                      More people will kill themselves from the consequences, than the virus.
                      Almost certainly has to be more behind this.
                      Hopefully not, but it's like watching a tornado start to form.
                      You can kinda see it taking shape, and you assume you know what's coming, but you can't be 100%.
                      Just try and be as ready as you can.
                      Gas cans are disappearing around here, along with everything else.
                      It ain't me buying em either.
                      Ima sit this one out
                      I tend to agree with this. Shutting down the country is going to effect more people than the virus will. You take away someone's ability support themselves or their families and spread gloom and doom 24/7 on the news cycle, I can suicides behing higher than virus totals.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        Approximately 300 million people die each year. That's without the novel coronavirus. My guess is that the difference will be nothing more than a rounding error. That's sounds crass, but those are the numbers.
                        Death from Heart attacks, strokes and high stress and other medical conditions caused by shutting the nations economy down will probably kill more than will die from this virus.. But none of those conditions are contageaous so it's all good I guess...

I learned many bad things about stress and its side affects on the body while my DAD was battling his cancer last year.. His oncologist at MDA said that high stress levels are like fertilizer to cancer cells.. Stresses causes many bad things with your bodies chemistry which can and will promote cancer growth. Rapidly advancing it in some cases!!!

Comment

My neighbor is a stud, ER/trauma surgeon. He worked in and managed medical facilities on the front line in Iraq. He is still a very active physician and is a hardcore conservative Republican. He says this thing is very serious because so many people who have the virus don't have the symptoms or symptoms severe enough to normally even go to a doctor, much less be tested. That is why the testing shortage is so critical and once it is identified it spreads so quickly.

With the flu, when you've got it you know it and folks stay away from you. He said look at the flu, how bad it is each season, and think about how many more people would get it if most of those carrying the virus didn't even know they had it. Way, way, way more. So even if the mortality rate itself is only twice as bad as the flu, multiply that by the total number of people who get COVID-19. That is the fear and the reason for this focus on limiting contact with others. There is just no way to test everyone and know who should self quarantine or not.

Comment

Individual cases don't tell a lot. It's easy to say that "at this point" it's not a pandemic. Because it's really not. But a lot of countries, not just the USA, seem to think the disease has potential to be a serious threat. I've also read that just because someone survives it, doesn't mean that they are immune to getting it right away again. I don't know if that is true or not.

Comment

Pandemic just means widespread disease as in across the globe. So this qualifies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X