Thinking "Inside the Box"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    that was the best 9 pages of reading I have had on TBH in a long while!
    X2

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      that was the best 9 pages of reading I have had on TBH in a long while!
      Man the live hunt while trying to catch him had me glued to the screen.

Comment

I remember a story about a TBH group that went to a famous ranch down south of here, to hunt pigs. They were hunting at night, and when walking back to camp, this pig came down the road right toward them. And one of them shot it. It wasn't till they got back to camp that they found out there was a "camp pig". There was a "camp pig" (kinda like camp deer) that was very friendly. And named after a breakfast cereal if I remember correctly. Because it loved cereal. Or maybe it was Doritoes. The pig did n[t have any tags or markings. And I ain't gonna say who's freezer it ended up in.

Hope Boaris don't meet the same fate. I'd like to see his...uh....it's adventures.

Comment

I think I found that story (completely by accident, lol).

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          I remember a story about a TBH group that went to a famous ranch down south of here, to hunt pigs. They were hunting at night, and when walking back to camp, this pig came down the road right toward them. And one of them shot it. It wasn't till they got back to camp that they found out there was a "camp pig". There was a "camp pig" (kinda like camp deer) that was very friendly. And named after a breakfast cereal if I remember correctly. Because it loved cereal. Or maybe it was Doritoes. The pig did n[t have any tags or markings. And I ain't gonna say who's freezer it ended up in.

Hope Boaris don't meet the same fate. I'd like to see his...uh....it's adventures.
          I posted the link in the other Boaris thread!

Comment

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Just read this all the way thru, don't know how I missed it first time around. Made my day reading and seeing all the pictures!! Thanks

Comment

Yeah, I remember this thread started shortly after all the confinement started and it was a great diversion from reality.

Just a great one.

J

Comment

This is pretty dang good. I wished I would have followed along as you posted, would have been better.

I saw the first post and thought it was about hunting in a box blind, that was the last time I opened the thread. I should have read farther, back then.

The post about actually catching the pigs was great, and that one that played possum on y'all. Looks like Ethan picked out a good one.

To think he picked up trailing pigs on his own, is pretty good.

Man when he gets back in school, the other kids and teachers are going to think he is the coolest kid or think he is full of it, when he starts talking about this deal.

It's documented, so he can back it up.

Comment

Another weird happening!

Am I going crazy!

Thought I got it on video but had phone on photo the whole time.

Went down in pasture minutes/seconds after the Covert sent a photo of a yote holding what I thought was one of our chickens. Of course Boaris tagged along.

When we got to the feeder, Boaris started his "ruckus" again and ran to where the yote was standing! Normally he roots around constantly. But this time he was grunting and whining with nose to the ground! I could tell he was tracking/smelling something/the yote.

He trailed in the direction it was facing all the way to my fence. Whining the whole way. I hollered at him when he started under the fence and he stopped.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200820_160534.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	24628369

Name:	20200821_010116.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	24628370
                      Crazy, I know. But my imagination ain't keen enough to make this stuff up, lol

Comment

That's crazy how fast that pig has grown. I think it was April when y'all caught him. He looked like he was probably only a couple weeks old at that point. Maybe a couple weeks old as fast as he has grown since, y'all got him, he might have been a couple hours old.

If you 30 of those things, you could go from not much of anything to a lot of food to stuff a lot of freezers in four months. Looks like a great source of food to me. I thought they were probably closer to a year old when they first started reproducing. I would guess a lot soon than that now.

Comment

Might teach that sucker to blood trail a deer.

Comment

What Boaris has been up to....

Posted this in another thread but thought yall might get a kick outta it.

Name:	20200902_085202.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	24629086

Video:

Comment

Haha that's awesome!

Comment

That’s really cool. Thanks

Comment

Working...