Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Thinking "Inside the Box"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are the coolest Pappy a kid could have! He will be telling stories about trapping pigs for the rest of his life! This is great, keep it going.

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

Dangit! Hopefully better luck tonight!

Comment

Awesome thread.

Comment

Best thread in a long time!!

Comment

Congrats fellas! Fine tune the trap and you’ll be in bidness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trial and error. At least you know it will catch, just need to fine tune to hold.

Comment

Epic

Comment

He'll remember this forever! Good on you Op. Best thread in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                      He'll remember this forever! Good on you Op. Best thread in a while.
                      Ditto! Keep it up! You're doin' it right!

Comment

Didn't mend trap

Ethan wasn't home when I got home so no trap repair. Their dad took the kids to play with my niece and burn some stuck in the house energy!

Maybe tomorrow...

Looking at the top of this thing, it's hard to believe they got through it. These are about 15-20# hogs, I think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200324_224801.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	24612643

And...... no pig pics since our "episode".

Comment

I caught some 15-20# piglets in a box trap one evening. Left them in there and posted up for the night in the Jeep waiting for Mom to show up for a shot at her. I fell asleep and woke up the next morning to an empty trap. Sides were 4x4 goat panel and the top was 6x6 cattle panel. Another time, I had a few in a cattle trailer with 6" spacings between the bars. Piglet jumped up and twisted sideways and slipped right through. I started wrapping everything with 2x4 or chicken wire after that.

Comment

Those **** piggies didn’t get the stay-at-home memo.

Stack em up!

Comment

Been out recently?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

They're finally back!

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                                Been out recently?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
                                Ain't been a swine pic since deploying the trap on em. Until yesterday. They're back. showed about 11 yesterday a.m.

Name:	20200330_163309.jpg
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	24613059

So.... we went over there today so Ethan could beef up the trap. We overlapped more hog panels on top. Plus, Ethan insisted we add a field type wire on top of that.

The pigs were actually there when we pulled up today, lol. We watched em for about 10 min from 100 yds. When they left, we fixed the trap and re-baited with the pull board in "fixed" position. We'll bait it a few days and pattern em with the covert. Hope to be at it by thurs or Friday!

Name:	20200330_163013.jpg
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	24613061
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X