2020 Ford 7.3 Gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Ford 7.3 Gasser

Anybody have any real world knowledge or view of This motor. Wanting to get back to a 3/4 or 1 ton SRW but would like non diesel. Have heard about many fleet driven companies thinking about going this route and I would like to get into a 5th wheel, family has just about out grown our bumper pull.

in for answers myself

Comment

Same here

Comment

I've driven them twice, in the same platform I currently have, sans diesel engine.

Low end is good, has a nice V-8 burble to it. Once you hit around 40mph and put your foot in it, it becomes real apparent your not in a diesel anymore. My diesel is pretty darn quick from 40-80mph, this one is not.

Still, the tradeoffs may be worth it to me, as good or slightly better gas mileage, better performance off road and a better front end ride.

I pull a 10k travel trailer, that's the only thing giving me pause, but as of now I don't pull it but a few times a month. I pull a 4k lb trailer every other day or so that I think will handle that pretty well.

Comment

We are looking at them for our new ambulance chassis...lower maintenance cost and no emissions crap to deal with.

Comment

I want the tremor package with 4.30 gears and 48 gallon tank.
            Would love to hear real numbers on MPG towing about 8-9000lbs camper

Comment

Friend of mine bought one about 3 weeks ago. He said he gets about 12-13 in town and about 17 on highway. Don't think he really pulls anything.

Comment

I drove one the other day was impressed with how smooth the transmission was it was not my diesel truck but pretty impressive the truck had 8k miles on it lie o meter said 13.5 do not know the gear ratio but F350 crew cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                  We are looking at them for our new ambulance chassis...lower maintenance cost and no emissions crap to deal with.

Lol gas engines have had emissions crap on them a lot longer than diesels have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Lol gas engines have had emissions crap on them a lot longer than diesels have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Far less now though, and far less intrusive, and expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Far less now though, and far less intrusive, and expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      And far more reliable.

Comment

Looking at the same thing. There is nothing cheap about a diesel. IMO the emission controls in today's diesels are at about the same level of maturity as the gassers were in the late 70's/early 80's.

Comment

I'd bet this motor would really come to life with some bolt ons and a tune. Or a nice supercharger

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of you tube videos on the 7.3 gasser. I’m liking what I’m seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                              I want the tremor package with 4.30 gears and 48 gallon tank.
                              Would love to hear real numbers on MPG towing about 8-9000lbs camper
                              48 gal fuel tank is only available on crew cab long bed trucks. Tremor package is only available on short bed trucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X