• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right of passage!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Right of passage!
      This exactly.

He took another buddy and went again today. Might as well make him cook tonight [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!!

And puts the good fish out front!

Comment

Off the streets and on the creeks! Love these stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Right of passage!
            You got that "rite!" I remember taking Dad's boat out for the first time. A whole new level of freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              You got that "rite!" I remember taking Dad's boat out for the first time. A whole new level of freedom.

Me too, I really thought that’s what like was all about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember the first time my dad let me back the boat down the boat ramp... the first time he let me run the motor (9.8 Merc on the back of a 14' DuraCraft), and the first time he let me take it out on the lake by myseff... Such vivid memories!! Clear as if it was yesterday!! You nor him will ever forget it!! Good stuff!!

Comment

I remember when I was about 14 dad decided to sleep in on a flat morning and told me to take the boat. Had an old 18’ shallow sport back then that would max out about 20mph and float in a puddle. I’ll never forget bringing in 3 trout a keeper red and 2 saddle blanket flounder. Ol pop was sure proud.

Congrats dad, my dads favorite line is “that’s why I had a son and taught you to do everything when you were little, so I don’t have to do anything but fish once you got older”

Comment

That's awesome Congrats!, My 17yo was at the helms of his boat he bought off TBH last year. He did really well yesterday on Conroe also running it all by himself with me being a passenger finally! I'm not ready to let him go by himself yet, but he's getting close. After we stored the boat and trailer away, he did this turning around behind the fence. He still needs practice on some things. lol
                    I just told him it shows that he doesn't know everything yet.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                      That's awesome Congrats!, My 17yo was at the helms of his boat he bought off TBH last year. He did really well yesterday on Conroe also running it all by himself with me being a passenger finally! I'm not ready to let him go by himself yet, but he's getting close. After we stored the boat and trailer away, he did this turning around behind the fence. He still needs practice on some things. lol

I just told him it shows that he doesn't know everything yet.
                      I caught more than a few fish off that boat house. And the last pic turned my stomach since he took my tacoma today.

Comment

Good stuff Shane and Brent. Y'all are lucky... I have all girls and they really could care less about driving a boat in the bay

I still remember like yesterday venturing out to West Matty solo without dad. I had a little v- hule aluminum boat ( 16ft) with a 15 hp tiller on the back. I had been out there a thousand times with him but not gonna lie... that first trip solo my butt was puckering! No phones back then! And seemed there were about 10 x the gators then too..

Comment

Round 2 was a mixed bag. Hes gonna captain grandpa tomorrow with the high fence bass

He did say the buddy he took today ruined all Hope's of being a fishing guide.

"Dad, i Iost 40 dollars in tackle"
                          Last edited by Quackerbox; 03-12-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Proud dad moment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Round 2 was a mixed bag. Hes gonna captain grandpa tomorrow with the high fence bass

Nice!

Son and I scratched out a few on the creek today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by gigem95; 03-12-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Shane, he didn't catch 'em on that super secret saltwater glittery bait did he?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Shane, he didn't catch 'em on that super secret saltwater glittery bait did he?
                                He ordered some the other day.

One whole pack?!

Fake bait bite was better than minners

Comment

Working...
                                X