No announcement yet.

Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No gobbles on the roost tonight. Going to head to a spot at daybreak that had some fresh sign in a nearby creek bed. If nothing sounds off, I’ll haul it back to the other side of the ranch where I heard a bird a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not one peep so far here today. Haven’t heard a single gobble all up or down the creek. Should have been here yesterday [emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
        Not one peep so far here today. Haven’t heard a single gobble all up or down the creek. Should have been here yesterday [emoji849]
        dang the luck!

Comment

Heading back to camp to eat breakfast. Crows and cows popping off all morning and not one gobble. Weird.

Gonna knock out a few things then head out early afternoon. Maybe they’ll be out and about ahead of this weather coming this evening.

Comment

All set. Wind is ripping pretty good and it’s supposed to start raining around 8 here. Gonna give it a few hours and see what happens.

Comment

All set. Wind is ripping pretty good and it’s supposed to start raining around 8 here. Gonna give it a few hours and see what happens.

Any luck?

Comment

I’ve been watching the cameras this week and I’ve consistently had multiple birds all week

Where were they all season?

Comment

Had bad service down in the bottom so couldn’t send updates. The pair that I’ve been playing cat and mouse with for a few weeks is now just a solo bird [emoji51]. Shot the strutter about 7 PM. Spurs are a grunt over 1” and beard a little over 9”.

I don’t have the Tapatalk picture hootus rigged up so I’ll post pics when I get home.

The last remaining bird of the trio seems pretty happy. He’s already gobbled a few times this evening.

Comment

Had bad service down in the bottom so couldn’t send updates. The pair that I’ve been playing cat and mouse with for a few weeks is now just a solo bird [emoji51]. Shot the strutter about 7 PM. Spurs are a grunt over 1” and beard a little over 9”.

I don’t have the Tapatalk picture hootus rigged up so I’ll post pics when I get home.

The last remaining bird of the trio seems pretty happy. He’s already gobbled a few times this evening.
                    Congrats man!!! Good luck in the morning

Comment

Way to go! Nice going staying after them. Give em heck in morning

Comment

Good work stickin it out!!! Congrats

They come into the decoys and act right?

Comment

No gobbles this morning in Southern Coke. Had two hens come and inspect my decoy about 930. One kept stepping up to it half puffed up fan out with her head up. Mostly they just walked around feeding.

Tried to cut at them to get them riled up and talking. Didn’t work. They got to within 15 yards and didn’t spook, so that is nice.

Tons of bob white talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                            Good work stickin it out!!! Congrats

They come into the decoys and act right?

Not at all. Had a solo feeder hen decoy out. The toms came out about 80 and stared at it forever. Didn’t like it and wouldn’t come in. Eventually had hens around too and they didn’t like the decoy at all. When they all worked off I snuck out and took the decoy down. Once that was down they came back and acted normal. I shot one bird out of that group already and have called them in a few times this season. They came running into my ground/no blind/ bowhunt but I didn’t get a shot. They’ve been really cautious since then. Now I’ve killed 2 of the 3.

Didn’t go out this am. Rained about 7 hours last night and we get 2 birds per spot on this lease. I’ve killed my 2 already. Sitting by a fire now eating a big steak, drinking a beer, and listening to a bird gobble on the creek from camp. Life is good.

Comment

Congratulations !!!

I have been hunting an beautiful piece of public ground here in Iowa. It's is like hunting in a park. It's 970 acres of big timber and fields. I have found 3-4 toms but have not been able to seal the deal. I had one gobble back about 10 times this morning. He was across a huge drainage from me. I thought I had him coming in but he stayed on his side and finally shut up. I tried to get ahead of him but never located him again. I am going to try again in the morning here on our farm. Season ends tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a beautiful looking public unit there in Iowa. How is the hunting pressure up there? Do you have competition up there while you are hunting? Good luck in the morning

Comment

Working...
                                X