Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
    There’s a bird absolutely losing his mind on my side of the creek. Sounds like a jake though.

They’re talking pretty good on the limb so far. Much better than yesterday/

What decoys you have out?

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
      What decoys you have out?

Good luck!

Just a solo hen. Not my favorite setup but Duane’s Friday bird was limping and came in silent and after seeing how timid that bird was yesterday with a jake decoy I think they’re done fighting.

That bird is still gobbling occasionally but I can hear hens with him.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
        Just a solo hen. Not my favorite setup but Duane’s Friday bird was limping and came in silent and after seeing how timid that bird was yesterday with a jake decoy I think they’re done fighting.

That bird is still gobbling occasionally but I can hear hens with him.

[emoji1303]

Comment

Finally got it done in New Mexico yesterday. Birds weren’t talking at all, but I got to explore some new country. This was my first time in the Gila and had a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post

Finally got it done in New Mexico yesterday. Birds weren’t talking at all, but I got to explore some new country. This was my first time in the Gila and had a blast.

Maaaan!

Congrats! Lookin forward to hear the story

Comment

Down to the wire (almost anyway). Congrats.

Comment

Way to go Bones!

Nothing doing here. Heading back to the truck. Hadn’t heard or seen anything since a little after fly down. I guess these birds are done too: This season has been a grind. I’ll be back next weekend to finish it out, rain or not.

Comment

Nice bird Jbone. Congrats! How much further did you have to drive to the Gila vs going to Lincoln? Was pressure lower?

Comment

Congrats on the Merriam Jbone.....gotta get me one of them someday

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Nice bird Jbone. Congrats! How much further did you have to drive to the Gila vs going to Lincoln? Was pressure lower?

It was probably an extra 3 to 3.5 hours. Pressure was much lower. I’d say bird numbers were about the same. In the future, I’ll probably continue to hunt the Lincoln for the opener and reserve these spots for if/when pressure gets too bad there.

Comment

The north woods of Wisconsin beckon, but I don't really want to make the drive or fly. Should have just drove north from Missouri. I was **** near in Iowa where I ended up killing my bird anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                          The north woods of Wisconsin beckon, but I don't really want to make the drive or fly. Should have just drove north from Missouri. I was **** near in Iowa where I ended up killing my bird anyway.
                          Do you have a job?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Do you have a job?
                            I was a firefighter/paramedic until early April, but I am about to be starting a new chapter (medical school). Had planned for this spring to be my last hurrah before the next four years of my life are all consumed with school.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                              I was a firefighter/paramedic until early April, but I am about to be starting a new chapter (medical school). Had planned for this spring to be my last hurrah before the next four years of my life are all consumed with school.
                              10-4. I understand and you are making the most of it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                10-4. I understand and you are making the most of it!!!!
                                I should have gotten out of Texas sooner, but wanted to fill my tags here before traveling, given how tough the early season was. Now that I'm back and refreshed after a two week stretch that included NM, OK, and MO, I really want to close this thing out with one more hunt somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X