Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
    Well after 3 trips to the lease and one 13 hour sit in a pop up blind because she didnt want to give up. My 6yr old was able to put some #5s upside this Tom's noggin! This bird was tough to hunt because I'm 99% sure he was deaf. We saw him multiple times at a distance and he wouldnt even look up when I called. He wouldn't react when a real hen would yelp, crow would call, train horn, or even when 2 coyotes started yipping and howling about 100 yards from him. Now when it would thunder and the ground would shake he would hammer off everytime! But after seeing him not even lift his head when the coyotes went crazy that close to him I realized he had to be deaf. We had to pattern him and then get his attention by sight and it finally paid off last friday morning. My little girl did awesome and kept her cool even after he hung up strutting behind the only cedar bush around less than 20 yards from us for about 10 mins. Super proud of her! Sorry for the long read

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Congrats Dad! Thats good stuff

any chance you weighed that bird? He looks a little on the heavy side!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
      Congrats Dad! Thats good stuff

any chance you weighed that bird? He looks a little on the heavy side!!!
      No unfortunately I didn't! I couldn't find any type of scale there at camp. I know that by the time I carried him all the way back to the truck he felt like he weighed 80 lbs lol He was 20 plus no doubt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Plannin to meet PoPo at the river bottom about 4:00

We’ll see if daddy daycare closes on time....either way, PoPo will be hunting

Comment

Love following this thread...especially you guys in Karnes and Wilson counties. My old stomping grounds. My family place is back in Gonzales County (Nixon/Smiley area), so we've been breaking the Austin quarantine by heading south most every weekend. Lots of birds, but we haven't put one on the ground yet. It's hard to pull my 6 and 3 yr old away from catching bass and perch to go chase birds...all good times though. Keep the updates coming!

Comment

PoPo had another gobbler work the decoys but he passed [emoji30][emoji2359]

I guess he’s mad at that long spurred loner [emoji2371]

Comment

Then how am I supposed to get the High Quality hero pics?

Good pictures is the 2nd most important thing

I agree, for the most part. I’ve sucked hind tit on pics this year. Next year it will be better!

Comment

Update from PoPo

Comment

PoPo had another gobbler work the decoys but he passed [emoji30][emoji2359]

I guess he’s mad at that long spurred loner [emoji2371]

Trophy hunting turkeys.....gotta be the next new Olympic sport!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	52836BF3-F7FC-452B-AB71-12205193D802.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	24616443
                    Daughter shot her second bird this weekend in George West. Great beard at 11.25 inches!

Comment

Originally posted by eyedoc View Post
                      [ATTACH]1001594[/ATTACH]
                      Daughter shot her second bird this weekend in George West. Great beard at 11.25 inches!

Solid bird!!

Congrats to y’all

Comment

Thanks. She is hooked!

Comment

I hate to follow that one but I worked 2 hours on this guy this past Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by eyedoc View Post
                            [ATTACH]1001594[/ATTACH]
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Congrats to y’all, impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Good work. Nice birds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look who woke up this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X