Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
    Sometimes goofy plans work out.

27 pounds 11” beard. One of the biggest I’ve killed. Super windy up here today, wish I could have got a better picture. Considering getting this one mounted, don’t have one on the wall.

Wow!!!

I overlooked this post earlier

Congrats man! That’s a tank!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      It’s still good up where I am, but certainly a lot less than there used to be in most other places (and even here). It’s concerning to me! I think we’ve had bad hatches for so long in a lot of places that they’ve just dried up. Extremely heavy spring rains/floods the past several years in a row have hurt them.

I didn’t see “a lot” of turkeys last fall like normal. It hasn’t been unusual in the past to see flocks of up to 80 birds in the fall in my hay meadows, didn’t see that this year.

We’ve had a lot on this particular farm this spring, though. Hopefully they’ll have a good hatch and keep the numbers up.

I’m starting to read that more and more....I hope they can rebound and be along for a long time

Arkansas is on the short list for me

Comment

27lbs is the biggest I've ever heard of being killed. Impressive and congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          27lbs is the biggest I've ever heard of being killed. Impressive and congrats!!!
          Certainly not a certified scale (fish scale) but I killed a hoss last year and this sob is noticeable heavier.

Thanks. Mostly luck given conditions.

I’d like to thank my sponsors, Myrtle Feed & Fertilizer, for getting my nitrogen out in time to stuff this Tysonesque bird full of good clover 😂

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
            Wow!!!

I overlooked this post earlier

Congrats man! That’s a tank!
            Thanks! Just got him a little bit ago. Sitting in the truck now deciding whether to stay over here or drive 1/2 hour back to the house.

Hopefully other areas of the state will build back up. It’s a pretty place to hunt turkeys in the spring & it seems like our habitat should be able to support a bunch outside of the scrubby, nasty piney woods down south.

I am going to try to find me a place down there to chase Rios next year. I haven’t been since I was a teenager. That was the most fun I’ve ever had turkey hunting. Lots of birds and so responsive.

Comment

Pretty bird

Where’d ya get him?
              R255 corridor

Comment

Congrats to Shane and Razorback on the nice birds! We’re back in the pop up for the evening hunt. Saw a fresh gobbler track on the road we walked in on, from midday today. I rectified the little problem from this morning, lease members teenage kid was driving around “listening for birds” this morning. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be perfect, and we’ll be the only ones here, so there’s hope still.

Comment

This bird is something else.

We still have plenty of time but he’s been on a solid routine the last 7+ days....not today

Comment

It's ok to move from that tree

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      It's ok to move from that tree

Popup with PoPo

The empties would make too much noise if we tried relocating!

Comment

Popup with PoPo

The empties would make too much noise if we tried relocating!

Comment

Had our bird at 22 yards

No shot for the crossbow!

Comment

This morning I’ll blame the jake decoy, this evening 2 hen decoys, so I guess tomorrow is no decoys?

Comment

Two gobbles on the limb this evening. Far from having it pinpointed, but I’ll know where to listen in the AM. Two mile walk in, but at least it’s fairly easy. Wish I had a bike though.

Comment

That is a toad of a bird Razr!!! Congrats on that one!!

Comment

Working...
                                X