Clear All

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
    Congrats Clay!!
    Thanks man

Ya'll been having any luck?

Comment

Just got off the phone with PoPo

He hunted this morning and didn't hear or see a turkey until 9:30

On his way out of the gate, he saw 8 gobblers running around the front field together!!! I'm not sure why there in such a big group or didn't gobble this morning

Haven't decided if we will try them again or focus on the "long-spurred loner" on the river bottom place...either way, I need to get him on another bird before the end of the season

Comment

Big congrats!! So many familiar parts of your story. From getting beat to your plan A spot, to how easy it is to underestimate their distance. I don't know if they actually gobble louder or if it's the canopy of trees that makes the sound carry further. Either way, it's almost intimidating when they answer... like they're mad or something.

Easterns play a different game than the rios I'm used to hunting. Totally different hunting experience. Closing the deal on one in Texas is something special and I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. Most "hunters" would have charged in, probably calling at him the whole way, and bumped that bird into the next county.... another reason they're so dang hard hunt around here. You made it look easy and I'm truly happy for you, JFT. Fine example of how it's supposed to be done.

Comment

That was a great write up. Congrats, Clay! The hero picture is top notch too! Congrats again.

Comment

Target for this weekend

This is the loner at the river place. We’re goin all in on him this weekend.

He’s shown no interest all season but he’s with a hen right now

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              That was a great write up. Congrats, Clay! The hero picture is top notch too! Congrats again.

Thanks man

I appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
                Big congrats!! So many familiar parts of your story. From getting beat to your plan A spot, to how easy it is to underestimate their distance. I don't know if they actually gobble louder or if it's the canopy of trees that makes the sound carry further. Either way, it's almost intimidating when they answer... like they're mad or something.

Easterns play a different game than the rios I'm used to hunting. Totally different hunting experience. Closing the deal on one in Texas is something special and I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. Most "hunters" would have charged in, probably calling at him the whole way, and bumped that bird into the next county.... another reason they're so dang hard hunt around here. You made it look easy and I'm truly happy for you, JFT. Fine example of how it's supposed to be done.

I still don’t know how I was so off on distance!

As for the hunt, it’s still crazy to me how it all played out. I it was just one of those mornings where it was just meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  I’ve had some awesome hunts with PoPo but this one may be my favorite of all time.

I can’t tell you guys how thankful I am for today’s bird

Congrats...he's a nice bird. Looks similar to where I sat yesterday and this morning if it's on the pinnacle near the south fence line facing the cleared private land to the south of that unit. Sat against a pine right behind an old leaning three trunked black jack oak just like that. If that's the same spot now wonder it was quiet out there the last couple of days...lol. I gave one a headache in the same area last year. Beautiful bird...congrats again!

Comment

called him in to 6 yards yesterday. sorry for the bad pics, was by myself.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                      called him in to 6 yards yesterday. sorry for the bad pics, was by myself.

Pretty bird

Where’d ya get him?

Comment

The Little Man and I are set up on one of my food plots, ready to go. Wouldn’t you know it, there’s a gobbler going crazy down near my other plot. Hopefully he will work this way when he flies down. I have a decent signal, will update as I can.

Comment

We’re set and all is quiet

Hopefully the loner works to either of us....preferably PoPo

We’re about 300 yards apart on each of their travel routes. He should be in front of one of us within the hour.

We’ll see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                            The Little Man and I are set up on one of my food plots, ready to go. Wouldn’t you know it, there’s a gobbler going crazy down near my other plot. Hopefully he will work this way when he flies down. I have a decent signal, will update as I can.

At least they’re gobbling!

Good luck and get after em!!

Comment

Got one working, he’s close!

Comment

Well, I’m going to have a chat with a couple of our guys. Driving out to hunt well after daylight, and my bird went silent. Maybe he’ll still come in, he knows where we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X