No announcement yet.

Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a pretty good hunt this morning. First gobbler sounded off at 6:21a, flydown was 6:42a and they gobbled till about 7:15a. called in a pair of jakes at 8:17a that my hunter passed on.

Comment

Shaping up to be the worst turkey season in the history of mankind on my end Finally managed to get on a stud bird yesterday and my buddy failed to see the limb mere inches in front of his barrel Off he went without a feather touched....I mean not one!! It has been tough! Not many birds on the places I’m hunting this year. Still time to get it turned around. But it better start happening quick....or this season will be labeled “depressing”....at the very least!!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
        Shaping up to be the worst turkey season in the history of mankind on my end Finally managed to get on a stud bird yesterday and my buddy failed to see the limb mere inches in front of his barrel Off he went without a feather touched....I mean not one!! It has been tough! Not many birds on the places I’m hunting this year. Still time to get it turned around. But it better start happening quick....or this season will be labeled “depressing”....at the very least!!

I tried to think of something “smart” to type but.....it’s been tough on our end too

Stay after em!

Comment

Turkey Tour 2020

I convinced myself I was done after last weekend. I haven’t even heard a gobble this season. Peeked at the forecast- thinking one more try on Sunday morning with clear weather and mid 50’s.

10 good minutes would turn the whole season around at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
            I convinced myself I was done after last weekend. I haven’t even heard a gobble this season. Peeked at the forecast- thinking one more try on Sunday morning with clear weather and mid 50’s.

Done??!!

Comment

Turkey Tour 2020

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              Done??!!

Feeling sorry for myself! Just having hell figuring anything out on the new place. I’ll be after them again.

Last edited by basschump; 04-21-2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Feeling sorry for myself! Just having hell figuring anything out on this place.

Don't beat yourself up too bad....These birds are whipping me on places that I've hunted for 20 years!

Comment

Rios are EASY they say. GOBBLE all day they say. Sucker for decoys they say.

Comment

Rios are EASY they say. GOBBLE all day they say. Sucker for decoys they say.

Hahahahahaha

That’s what “they” say

Comment

Loaded up and headed East!

Comment

I will be after them again starting Thursday evening to see where they are roosting. Gonna try to call on in for my buddy or my daughter if they wake up. If not, I will be on the trigger.

Comment

Where you headed Clay, SHNF? My dad and uncle are up at the lease, and will be hitting it first this morning. My son and I will join in the fun at some point on Friday. Despite the Covid crud, my business has been unusually busy. I am covered up at work, and will be lucky to get there in time to set up Friday evening. At least the weekend forecast looks great right now.

Comment

Good luck! Will hit the road for Oklahoma by noon today.

Comment

Did I just hear a shot in east Texas?

Comment

Get’em

Comment

Working...
                                X