Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Les View Post
    Spent last weekend about 25 miles SW of Encino chasing turks. Birds were pretty quiet after fly down, but Friday morning I found a couple that would work. Ended up with my best bird to date. 5 beards.
    10" 7 1/4" 4" 6 1/2" and 5"
    Also took a brother that had never spring turkey hunted. Got him a nice 2yr old. At one point, he had 3 jakes at 10' gobbling their heads off at him. Really got his blood pumping.

5 beards!!!

Dang

Congrats. You puttin him on the wall??

Comment

He didn't leave any doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
        5 beards!!!

Dang

Congrats. You puttin him on the wall??
        Yes. Just gotta figure out the best mount for it, and who to do it!!
        Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Do one of yall mind showing us the top side of those calls?

3.25” titanium over slate is my favorite. I have john sighs mine on the rim when he makes them. Its just right in my opinion. Birds hear it from alooong ways out. I have titanium over glass, titanium over slate, brass over slate, copper over glass & slate, ceramic over glass, crystal over slate and double slate. All in various wood types and sizes from 3”, 3.25” and 3.5”.

Titanium over glass in cocobolo in 3.5” is probably a close second favorite of mine....

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
            Yes. Just gotta figure out the best mount for it, and who to do it!!

I’d highly recommend Ryan wi Billingsby Road Taxi out of Tennessee.

He did my nephews and it turned out great.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  Freeze dried head?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    Freeze dried head?

I’m sure

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      That looks like non anodized aluminium. Do you use a scotch pad or sandpaper to roughen?

Maroon scotch pad to clean and condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Les! Great bird!

Comment

I think I’m going to join the Sinclair club tomorrow...been drooling over pics and videos all day today.

Comment

The New Mexico birds humbled me pretty good this weekend. I scouted out a lot of birds last weekend. I had a perfect plan dialed in. When I got there Friday evening, they were no where to be found. I ran into another hunter up there that said he heard 5 shots Wednesday morning where I had these birds roosted. He said in 4 years of hunting there, he's never seen anyone until this year. I reckon this virus got people more mobile. The wind kicked up something fierce Saturday. With the wind, and the birds I scouted gone, I punted and went to the area I hunted last year. I hiked all over, and finally roosted a bird right before dark. I slid in this morning to chaotic gobbling... and hens. The hens pulled the gobblers onto private right after fly down. They got fired back up around 9 am, but they were too far into private and I needed to head home. I'll be back at them next weekend. Unsure if I should battle people in my original spot, or private property boundries where I was today. Either way, I love hunting the mountains. Elk are like roaches out there. I can hardly move without stumbling on another herd.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post
                              The New Mexico birds humbled me pretty good this weekend. I scouted out a lot of birds last weekend. I had a perfect plan dialed in. When I got there Friday evening, they were no where to be found. I ran into another hunter up there that said he heard 5 shots Wednesday morning where I had these birds roosted. He said in 4 years of hunting there, he's never seen anyone until this year. I reckon this virus got people more mobile. The wind kicked up something fierce Saturday. With the wind, and the birds I scouted gone, I punted and went to the area I hunted last year. I hiked all over, and finally roosted a bird right before dark. I slid in this morning to chaotic gobbling... and hens. The hens pulled the gobblers onto private right after fly down. They got fired back up around 9 am, but they were too far into private and I needed to head home. I'll be back at them next weekend. Unsure if I should battle people in my original spot, or private property boundries where I was today. Either way, I love hunting the mountains. Elk are like roaches out there. I can hardly move without stumbling on another herd.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

At least you found some new ones!

Good luck next weekend!

Comment

Gobble Gobble, the boys are anxious. Made a quick trip up to Red River to check a few of my cameras. Have had strutting activity since late March. Mostly toms, but did have 3 jakes chasing a hen around. Come on Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X