Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post
    Son of a *****! I knew I should have bought my tags when Nebraska did this.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yep

Sad deal. I’d be surprised if all states don’t do this. Seems everyone just follows once someone makes a decision.

Comment

Hunted Medina county on Wednesday morning. Some half-hearted gobbles on the roost and that was it. Ended up calling in 4 jakes, two different times. They acted really timid around the decoys.

After the hunt I checked camera cards and have one picture of one longbeard from 3 different camera locations in 2 weeks. Pitiful. Property is usually covered in birds.

Hope the birds up in Brady act right this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
        Hunted Medina county on Wednesday morning. Some half-hearted gobbles on the roost and that was it. Ended up calling in 4 jakes, two different times. They acted really timid around the decoys.

After the hunt I checked camera cards and have one picture of one longbeard from 3 different camera locations in 2 weeks. Pitiful. Property is usually covered in birds.

Hope the birds up in Brady act right this weekend.

That’s tough!!

Comment

Birds were silent this afternoon and evening west of Llano. New place- saw and heard hens last week. Was hoping to either strike a bird this afternoon or hear one on roost. Neither happened and no indication of any hens this trip. Ran into a rancher that said he hasn’t heard any birds- but they are around. Fingers crossed. Next trip will be an early morning and hope we find some birds to pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by basschump; 04-10-2020, 09:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Another gobble less start to the mornin

This is getting a little ridiculous

Comment

Nice job ClayW. Hopefully, things will be better and you wouldn't have to postpone your trip.

Comment

Took PoPo for a little walk and sure enough, the back feeder had 3 gobblers and several hens....been within hearing distance all morning

We circled around and maybe got in front of em....but I’ve been wrong before!

Comment

Well, I found the avian Jurrasic Park. Going to be tough birds to get on with there being so many hens, but this is some of the most beautiful country I've hunted. They were gobbling like crazy this morning.

Comment

Well, I found the avian Jurrasic Park. Going to be tough birds to get on with there being so many hens, but this is some of the most beautiful country I've hunted. They were gobbling like crazy this morning.

Man that’s awesome!

You put some miles on??

Comment

Yeah. These birds are about 3 miles from the nearest road. I know there's easier birds to kill in this unit, but this area is just too pretty not to hunt it when the season opens. I'll wise up to my age at some point... I hope. Lol

Comment

Yeah. These birds are about 3 miles from the nearest road. I know there's easier birds to kill in this unit, but this area is just too pretty not to hunt it when the season opens. I'll wise up to my age at some point... I hope. Lol

Dang....I’m jealous

I may need to make the trip.

Especially if these birds keep whippin my tail

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          Dang....I’m jealous

I may need to make the trip.

Especially if these birds keep whippin my tail
                          If you get a wild hair, you're more than welcome to join me. I'll be coming out just about every weekend.

Comment

Don’t even remember the last time I heard a gobble

This is unheard of for these places I’m hunting

Comment

PoPo and I are callin it a day

Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

I had to resort to deer hunt tactics to bag a Tom this morning. Not an enjoyable spring season so far. A ridiculous amount of hens still roosting in trees instead of on a nest.

Comment

Working...
                                X