Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

That red gate could tell some stories over the years....been hunting this river bottom since I was in junior high.
    Congrats again!

Comment

Nice birds!
      Congrats to all!

My daughter, SIL, and new grandbaby are now living between Decatur and Alvord. So, looks like I am hunting the grasslands this season. I'm from south Texas and don't have a clue where to start. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBob View Post
        Nice birds!
        Congrats to all!

My daughter, SIL, and new grandbaby are now living between Decatur and Alvord. So, looks like I am hunting the grasslands this season. I'm from south Texas and don't have a clue where to start. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I saw today where Abbot is closing the state parks....not sure if that includes our little bit of public land

Comment

Next year should be great. I’ve never had this many jakes to contend with before. What really sucks is hearing a gobbling bird and not knowing if it’s a jake or tom.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
            Next year should be great. I’ve never had this many jakes to contend with before. What really sucks is hearing a gobbling bird and not knowing if it’s a jake or tom.
            You should have a pretty good idea listening to they way he gobbles. Not 100%....but more than not!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              You should have a pretty good idea listening to they way he gobbles. Not 100%....but more than not!
              Yep, couldn't agree more, there is an audible difference between the two age classes. Wonder why he didn't post a pic of his successful jake hunt but posted a pic of his buddys kill?

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                Wonder why he didn't post a pic of his successful jake hunt but posted a pic of his buddys kill?

You gonna have him googling for a dude with a jake kill...

Comment

Congrats to all!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                    this is where the patience and persistence of bowhunting (popup w/decoys) pays off...you sift though the jakes and (if you put in the time) the gobblers will change moods.

I'd bet your (what do you call it) "active" approach has scared a few birds the last few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                      Yep, couldn't agree more, there is an audible difference between the two age classes.
                      Rookies I tell ya

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                        I’ve heard half assed jake gobbles before but the birds in Menard and Blanco are pretty **** convincing. I’ve also heard some weak gobbling toms before. Also had a hen strut, spit, and drum for 15 minutes the other day. Lots of firsts for me. It’s been a strange season. Large group of birds roosted tonight. Should have a long beard down tomorrow.
                        Last edited by TwoHighways; 04-07-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Tough mornin

Muddy

Foggy

Walked 3.8 miles

No gobbles

Comment

Texas was great to me this year. Punched my last tag Saturday morning. I'll be headed to New Mexico this weekend to scout for their season that opens next week. I'm hoping I can get into the birds like last year. I did run into a few people, so my goal for this scouting trip is to find some additional ground. I love chasing those mountain birds.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I was able to get my bosses son on his first tom opening morning. Windy,damp,and cold but they came in on a string at the first spot. I haven’t had one interested since. Everything other bird I have seen has had multiple hens with them.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                                I was able to get my bosses son on his first tom opening morning. Windy,damp,and cold but they came in on a string at the first spot. I haven’t had one interested since. Everything other bird I have seen has had multiple hens with them.

Good stuff right there and great beard! Congrats to him!

Comment

Working...
                                X