Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damp, cool, and no gobbles whatsoever in Pipe Creek this morning. Think I’m about to get dumped on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m still planning on Oklahoma, NM, and Missouri, but need to fill Texas tags first. I’ve been riding the struggle bus the last two weeks for sure.

Comment

Couldn’t buy a gobble yesterday. Today, I proudly tagged a jake that was anything and everything you could want in a turkey hunt. Three sets and 1000 yards from where I parked the truck. 100 gobbles, drumming when I finally got him to break to me. Hung up on me all three sets until he finally started inching to me. Threw the kitchen sink at him. Shut up on him. The only thing that made me stick with him was that he continued to gobble. Saw the red head approaching, was convinced I was hunting a wary old Tom, and sent a load of heavyweight 7’s his way prior to waiting to see if he was a long beard. Oh well. I reckon I have enough beards on the wall, but can’t think of a bird that I played such a long game of cat and mouse with.
        Last edited by TwoHighways; 04-05-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Finally caught one in the right mood!

Jake strutter brought him in from 400+

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

Finally caught one in the right mood!

Jake strutter brought him in from 400+

Niiiiiice hooks! Congrats Clay!

Comment

Congrats Clay!! Nice bird.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That red gate could tell some stories over the years....been hunting this river bottom since I was in junior high.

Comment

Congrats....keep stacking em up Clay��

Comment

After missing a big Tom this morning was able to call in a jake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Put my boy on a good one this morning. 10” beard and 1 1/8” spurs.

Comment

Congrats Clay. Must be the stache

Comment

Congrats everyone, good looking birds. Nice hooks Clay, great bird!

Comment

Y’all living the dream for us stuck at home, great job!!!!

Comment

Nicely done Clay!

Back in the pop up hoping for my first bow kill this morning. Foggy as all get out and still. Just heard a bird gobble at 6:44 which is the earliest I’ve heard one gobble over here this year, so maybe it’ll be a good morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X