Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stepping out of my element tomorrow, advise please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Usually I'm full of it but no help on this one.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    fify.

Comment

We went a couple of years ago. Did Uber and a car service most places. Did the subway to Yankee stadium from mid town. Once was enough for me.

We did actually have a blast though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

As others have stated, uber. No good way out of there that doesn’t involve a bus which is a PITA with luggage.

NYC is like nothing else in the world. Tons of fun. Couldn’t live there but really love visiting. People are actually very friendly and cool, just very direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t even bother being friendly to people. You’ll get dirty looks!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
            We had a family vacation there about 5 years ago. I was not excited about going, I thought NYC was the last place I would want to go on vacation.

I ended up having a blast, it was a lot of fun. We stayed at Waldorf Astoria. Very nice place.

This for us as well. My Wife and I were there this time last year for our anniversary. Uber from the airport, then take the subway. We were leery as well, but never had any issues. Very convenient and the most cost effective.

Hit up the spots listed below for eats.

Peter Luger’s in Brooklyn
            Patsy’s for authentic Italian...do not eat in Little Italy, but definitely take in the sights.
            Katz Deli
            JG Melons for a great burger
            Faicco’s in the East Village for an authentic Italian hero

Also...
            911 Memorial
            Empire State Building tour
            Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island tour
            Financial district/Dow Jones tour

The list goes on and on. Y’all will have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No Americans there but 911 memorial was worth it

Comment

If you don’t make it back, can I have your lease ? Asking for a friend........

Comment

Wife went last year on a work trip. Didn't care for it at first but once she got her bearings she had a good time. She did say no matter how fast she walked she was in everyone's way.

Comment

every one knows if fly in to go to NYC to fly into Newark. JK/
                    Like stated bus is only mass transient into JFK.
                    Once in the city walk as much as you can, down town eats in little italy a must for me as well as bagels for breakfast and street hot dogs for lunch. Best pizza is in penn station under madison garden near the LI railroad.

Oh , I am strong island boy who got out as soon as I could.

PS i am headed back in two weeks and will be with rubber gloves and mask. It has been more then 10 years
                    Last edited by DesertDug; 03-09-2020, 07:31 AM. Reason: added

Comment

if you are near time square at any point... go here. The BBQ chicken wings are amazing.

Virgil's Real BBQ - Times Square

Comment

We flew into LaGuardia as soon as we got our bags there were drivers asking if we needed rides. The subway is safe get on it have fun. The weather should be nice maybe a little chilly at nights.

Comment

I never felt unsafe, we walked everywhere. Harlem, Brooklyn, Queens, china town you name it we walked it.
                          Last edited by STX_Shooter; 03-09-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Lived in Manhattan for 11 years, a few years ago.... Wild stuff. Whole foods at Columbus Circle and Zabars up on Broadway if you like food. :-) Take a subway out to Coney Island, great sights, not all subways are under ground. Bagels and cream cheese for breakfast, street hot dogs at busy stands are usually a safe bet. Oh, act like you know what you are doing too. Have fun.

Comment

Like others have said, take a taxi to and from the airport. Subway the rest of the time. It's a great place to visit. So many things to do and see.

Comment

Working...
                              X