Thoughts on new lease rule??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    I'd be pointing at the contract unless it was new. If you've got it signed for this year and this happens to be a rule change, I'd tell him a contract goes both ways.

I only go to the lease once a month, but I want to be able to dictate what weekend it is. And then in season, I want to be able to hunt when I want on my terms.

Good luck, OP.
    I would only do that if you are ok losing the lease.

Comment

I don't care much for it. I can understand an LO not wanting people coming out several weekends during the offseason, but I wouldn't want it restricted to a specific weekend per month.

Sure, if you don't own the land you don't make the rules. However, on the flip slide, an LO that doesn't want people on their land, doesn't have to lease out year-round access in the first place.

Comment

I totally understand it. Some folks lease a property and believe it is theirs and are there everyday. Our landowner had another property he leased to a group. They were there every weekend riding and
        Shooting. Trashing up the place. Leaving ruts. Even shot at the neighbors dog cause he was in their pasture. Needless to say they don’t have a lease anymore. Year round lease doesn’t mean you take
        Over the place as the landowner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems it would make it tough to coordinate work weekends with limited time availability.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
            I totally understand it. Some folks lease a property and believe it is theirs and are there everyday. Our landowner had another property he leased to a group. They were there every weekend riding and
            Shooting. Trashing up the place. Leaving ruts. Even shot at the neighbors dog cause he was in their pasture. Needless to say they don’t have a lease anymore. Year round lease doesn’t mean you take
            Over the place as the landowner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This is what happens unfortunately. I know several landowners that have problems with hunters telling them when they can be in the pasture or that the cows run the deer off. In reality, the rancher driving through the pasture checking on the cows happens everyday and doesn’t bother the deer at all. But the hunters are there every weekend shooting from sun up to sun down, blowing up tannerite and racing atvs and that’s ok.... I see both sides. Unfortunately, the more it happens, the less landowners want to deal with it.

Comment

I wouldn’t put up with it you better stay put, good luck

Comment

The only part of it I would have a problem with is not being able to hunt the exotics and Having to feed year round while he sells hunts.. I can understand not wanting people at your place year round.. but running hunts is having people on your place year round. The reason for leasing and letting a place rest during the summer is having less spooky animals to hunt during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Look at it from the other side

Say you are the landowner and EVERY weekend last year there was someone on your place. Would be OK with that?

Maybe him and the missus like to skinny dip in the tank and someone being there every weekend has been keeping them from doing so

If I owned land and leased it out you can bet I don't want to see a constant parade of folks year round coming and going.

Simple solution if you want unrestriced year round access is to buy your own place.
                  Otherwise there will always be someone else's rules to abide by
                  Personally, if I was the landowner and my place was so small that hunters were ever going to bother me, I wouldn’t lease it out.

Comment

I can see both sides. If yall are there every weekend, all weekend, I probably wouldnt appreciate it.

I wouldnt want to pay year round, if there was part of the year I wasnt allowed to be on.

Have to consider what it's worth to you, and go from there. Seems like you have already. Now just gotta get the guys on board.

Comment

Just sit down with him and talk it over, especially since you know the landowner and the background.

Comment

Nope.....I went thru the same thing with a LO that was used to not seeing his guys on the place but about 3 or 4 times a year, to seeing me there much more often. Hey, I'm paying $4K for year round, I'm gonna use it year round. All of a sudden, there were new (stupid) rules put in place........It was obvious to me that he was just a typical LO, who wanted the money, but really didn't want the hunters..........and I was outta there. He undercut his original, long time lessee guys this year, during the season, and now they're gone, too.

Comment

Hell no!

Comment

Since he has a history of selling hunts during the off season, it's clear he wants to streamline things so he knows what weekends to book hunts. I would not be filling a feeder for him to let other hunters use. I hope your lease fee is cheap to put up with that.

Comment

I wouldn't lease out anywhere near my house. If anyone pays to hunt any of my places its just a weekend thing for friends or coworkers.

Comment

I wouldn't feed anything year round so wouldn't phase me and wouldn't get on any lease that requires it. I'm in for fun, not rules and work. Sounds to me he was tired of people continually showing up to "fill feeders"

Comment

Working...
                                X