No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got around 2 inches this weekend at our ranch near Cataraina, Webb County. Mesquite’s are already starting to bloom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Anybody know if Falfurrias has gotten any rain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2.75" over the last several days in Tilden!

Comment

Headed down this weekend to move a feeder and top the rest off. Hopefully smack a pig or 3 while I am there.

Comment

I have not been back since the first weekend in Jan. I hope my new neighbors let some walk. But I don't have faith. 17 years of managing a small place and finally we are seeing the fruits. But new neighbors last year that could careless. Sucks.

But this is a new year. I am ready for the season. I have my 2 girls looking for their first bucks. So I will be on the back burner this year.

Comment

Supposed to be heading down mid April but that may change with the state of LA on stay at home orders. If that’s lifted mid April then I’ll probably be too busy at work to make the trip.

Comment

Getting a little rain in Zapata County

Trying not to get stuck at the ranch.

Comment

We are dry out in Raymondville. We put out close to 500 gallons of water throughout the ranch so hopefully will keep wildlife and our quail population thriving.

Been having more and more nilgai poop/tracks but haven’t been able to lay eyes on one yet.

Comment

Was at our place between Encinal and Laredo the weekend of the 21st, rained off and on all weekend. Setting up my nephew who just got on the lease. We just filled our Protien for the 2nd time this year. The rest of the guys were there last weekend and it was already a dust bowl again.

Comment

Getting some much needed rain...

Comment

We got 5" in Freer and still raining!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                          We are dry out in Raymondville. We put out close to 500 gallons of water throughout the ranch so hopefully will keep wildlife and our quail population thriving.

Been having more and more nilgai poop/tracks but haven’t been able to lay eyes on one yet.
                          It didn’t rain in Raymondville? Forecast shows it got hammered out there.

Comment

Rained for about 12 hours straight at our place last night outside of Freer. Had to get out of there this morning with more rain in the forecast.

Comment

we've got a place north of freer a few miles off of 16, I wonder if that big storm passed over that ranch? We have missed the last rains in the area, even if freer got it. I'm also really hoping that it poured in Alice, I'll make my rounds in a few days to check everywhere.

Comment

2-3” so far at the ranch south of Tilden.

Comment

Working...
                                X